Corsair H80 Leaked

I noticed my PC was freezing up the past few days. I ran Prime95 and Memtest86+ for over an hour with no errors yesterday trying to figure out what was wrong, which is weird. When I opened up my case to blow out some dust I noticed coolant everywhere. I noticed the spot where it's leaking there is a bulge under the rubber sheath covering it. I'm guessing it wasn't connected properly.

I bought it on 6/11. I'm going to try and replace it with Corsair. Let's see how their RMA process is. I hope the turn around is fast : (

Pic 1: http://imageshack.us/f/594/img20120803163135.jpg/
Pic 2: http://imageshack.us/f/687/img20120803164027.jpg/

Theri RMA process is fantastic man. My first h-100 had the pump noise issue. I live in Canada, and I called them up and gave them my creditcard info for an advanced RMA. I got my new kit in 4 days. Recently also one of my ram stick died, and I called them up again, same deal, advanced RMA, called monday, got it friday. I'm sure if you're in the states it'll be even faster. They're really easy to deal with, and I have ZERO patience with RMA's over the phone usually.

That's good to hear, but I'm still worried. I'm going to clean up the mess and use the oem cooler for a while. Hopefully there wasn't any damage to my MB.

That's good to hear, but I'm still worried. I'm going to clean up the mess and use the oem cooler for a while. Hopefully there wasn't any damage to my MB.

Make sure you explain to corsair that the fluid may have damaged some of your computers internals and if they are damaged you'd like them to reimburst you for their replacement cost. There is a corsair rep on here. I think he's username is redbeard if you would like to contact him he could possibly help out. Good luck.

Just a follow up. Finally got around to shipping it back to Corsair and installing it. Corsair RMA process was painless and quick. So, kudos to a great company. I noticed my temps dropped about 5c with my new H80, which is good because I was wondering what was wrong with my OC temps as they were creeping up into the low 90's. Now, they stay below 84c.

This is the first time I've ever seen the sealed Corsair unit leak. It's great that Corsair is good with their RMA. It looks like antifreeze for cars.

This is the first time I've ever seen the sealed Corsair unit leak. It's great that Corsair is good with their RMA. It looks like antifreeze for cars.

I saw pics around here somewhere of an H50 (The original one with the large on CPU housing) that melted a "big" hole in its housing. I've also read here and there on the net about them failing and leaking. Every story though was just like this one in the end, Corsair didn't cause headaches for the victim and replaced the unit quickly. There was one case (may have been the one with the pictures) where the computer was damaged by the leaked fluid and Corsair paid for those replacements as well.

Ever since I read those stories, i've made the decision to buy Corsair products when they have something in the market segment im shopping, you just don't hear of many companies being this easy and honest to work with.

good to know they're not just pushing you off kinda makes me feel a bit better now to go ahead and buy the h100 ive been eyeing..

Was there damage to the motherboard? I didn't see a video card but was one possibly damaged? I'm curious on how Corsair replaces non-Corsair parts, e.g., EVGA video card or ASUS motherboard.

Was your motherboard damaged ?

Was there damage to the motherboard? I didn't see a video card but was one possibly damaged? I'm curious on how Corsair replaces non-Corsair parts, e.g., EVGA video card or ASUS motherboard.

_______^^^
_______this

Last edited:
Yeah I'm curious too, how did it leak and not damage your components? Did it even get onto your components?

Back