• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair H80 case placement

Motley

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
2,497
I just received the H80 today. And I also just received the NZXT Switch 810 case.

I'm building the system this weekend!!!!

Where are you guys putting the radiator? Should it go on the top, blowing out? Looking for the cleanest install possible.

By the way the case is badass, very nice design, built well. I got the Gunmetal grey and it sweet looking.

Another question. The box says it already has the thermal compound applied or something? I thought I could use the Noctua NT-H1 that I ordered?
 
The pre-applied thermal compound isn't that bad of these coolers, you should give it a try, it's not like Intel's stock paste :p

People usually install the rad at the rear (exhaust) and it would honestly look good over there only, unless you got an H100 that has a 240 rad. The thing is just that if you install it on the top, it would look fatter compared to the fan at the side of it (if you install one). And cooling-wise the direction of the fan blowing would be opposing graving, so installation at the rear is looking good in all cases.

Btw, fantastic case! A pic would be good!
 
Last edited:
Thanks! I appreciate the help.

I will post some pics here when I start working on this.
 
Back
Top