Corsair H70

i had no problems with mine, ring was easy to put on and install, i think some people need to work on their installation abilities.

place ring in grooves around pump, hold pump just above CPU with holes lined up for screws, slowly screw down each screw opposite each other, done.

I think people with installation problems didn't thread past the plastic screw grommets. Without doing this, there's little to no slack.

I can't think of how an H70 is hard to install in any way other than the initial lining up of the screws threw the fan to the radiator, since it's quite a bit hefty. The CPU block installs easy as cake.

I had problems with the retention ring sitting back down on the threads and then getting stuck then. I also ended up pushing the metal sleeves on the back plate out a bit. I guess I got lucky.

I had problems with the retention ring sitting back down on the threads and then getting stuck then. I also ended up pushing the metal sleeves on the back plate out a bit. I guess I got lucky.

Make sure the screws are all the way down into the retainers before you try intalling the retention ring, or else the bottom out thing can happen.

I dunno, I've installed the H70 eight times now, no issues.

Just bought mine, was a bitch to install the inner fan to the case but I won't have temps until tomorrow when I pick up a new power supply.

Wow this thing is loud and I have it on the low setting. What should I replace the fans with? It's almost unbearable.

How thick is the radiator in millimetres?

50mm.

H70descriptionsetup.jpg

I'm in the market for a new cpu cooler, does the H70 fit in the CM Storm Scout case? I also have a EVGA 680i motherboard, and read that later evga boards could not accommodate the H70. Does this apply to my old tech?

Last edited:
Back