Corsair H60 Water Cooling Kit

HardOCP News

[H] News
The gang at Overclockers Club have posted their review of the Corsair H60 water cooling kit today. Those of you wanting an all-in-one water cooling solution that is inexpensive and easy to install, the H60 might just be for you.

I have no problem making the statement that this water cooling unit offers a lot of "bang for the buck" as well as other features that can appeal to many. For all tests except overclocked load, it performed within a few degrees of the Noctua NH-D14, which is more expensive than the Corsair H60. It's very compact, requires little to no maintenance, is quiet, and performs well even for those who plan to overclock.

I don't understand why they've brought out another of these so similar to the other two?

Why not a 120.2 or something different? Bonkers...

its all about size. 99.9% of cases have at least 1 120mm fan on the back of the case. thus due the pricing they use volume sales is key in profiting on the product. if you create something that doesn't fit within that volume you have to jack up the prices to make a return on that product. so its easier for them to just keep releasing modified/updated versions of the same heatsink to make money then to create something like a 120.2 rad. not to mention at that point you might as well just go with a custom water cooling kit. at some point i think corsair will jump into that section of the market but right now the money is good where they are at.

I just received mine from the Newegg deal and I have thoroughly happy with the performance of the H60 on my i7-2600K. At stock speed with the stock cooler it was hitting 59-60C under Prime95. With the H60 it sits at 49C.

Wished they had compared it to the H50 just to see what improvement there is to the H50.

I am pretty sure the Noctua beat the H70 as well when it had triple fans on it.

The H60 is right between the H50 and H70 in performance(I think closer to the H70) but its much quieter. Also I heard the mounting is better now.

Mine is out for delivery. Ended up getting a new case as well, HAF-932, which looks a lot smaller on the internet.

I just received mine from the Newegg deal and I have thoroughly happy with the performance of the H60 on my i7-2600K. At stock speed with the stock cooler it was hitting 59-60C under Prime95. With the H60 it sits at 49C.

I just got mine today and put mine in. Idle around 28C for cores 1-3 but core 0 is always 4C higher than everything else. I don't think the thermal paste has set yet cuz when i run prime it goes up to 70C. On the Zalman 9900, idle around 32-33 and p95 max out at 66

mine idles at 36*. ambient temp was 80*f in my room. Was watching the Universe on Bluray on my Plasma while moving the parts to my new HAF-932 and the tv really heats up the room.

Just ran Prime95 for 12 minutes and it gets to 54* on one core and 49-52* on the other cores.
the stock Intel cooler was 55* at idle in my old case.

Last edited:
55C idle?! Ouch even for the stock cooler.

As for the H60, I believe the comparisons by those with H50s and/or H70s have stated that if you have one of the others, it's not worth an upgrade. However, the mounting is better, it uses similar rad to the H50, but has I believe a better pump.

The general gist I got reading through several discussions was that as long as you were running push pull, the 3 setups were pretty comparable to each other. Out of the box though, the h70 performs better because of having a default 2 fans compared to the1 on both the h60 and h50.

For some perspective, I've run full water in the past, and more recently had one of those lovely 5 lb bricks of metal hanging off my motherboard as a cooler. While a full water setup was nice, it was a hassle for sure and it's just not where I wanted to be. As for the oversized air coolers, they have similar performance to the h50/60/70, but are generally louder and I just always hated the amount of weight and the case air flow blockage that was created by them. I opted for a h60 on my latest build and am overall very pleased - low profile, quiet and effective with push/pull gentle typhoons.

Where can i get extra screws? the long 1.25'' one that came with the 1 fan?

Wished they had compared it to the H50 just to see what improvement there is to the H50.

As an owner of a H50 I would like to know this as well.

As I understand it, Corsair used CoolIt as an OEM for the H60.

I've got both (as well as the Kuhler 620) and this is my take on the difference:

The new fan is a 4-wire unit, allowing for PWM control.
It also pushes more air, at the expense of being louder at full speed.
I haven't done a side-by-side test yet, so I'm not sure how much louder or the difference in the pitch.
Corsair doesn't list specs on the H50 fan, but Legitreviews article on it gave the following specs:

Max RPM: 1700RPM
Max Noise level:29.75 dB(A)
Max airflow is 59.05CFM

The H60 fan specs are 74.4 cfm and 30.2 dB(A) at the same speed.

Lower profile block/pump assembly.
H60 fittings swivel, H50 do not.
I believe the newer assembly is also more efficient

Simpler, more universal backplate/hold-down hardware.
No more Twist-N-Tighten.

The threaded "nuts" on the backplate ride in slots, so you don't have to play around with little metal bits to match each socket type.
The same goes for the Intel brackets on the block/pump assembly; you don't have to swap out various spacers to fit each socket type.

There are intermediate threaded pieces that hold the backplate in place without having the block itself installed
The hold-down screws are knurled knobs with slotted tops. These screw on to the other end of that intermediate piece.
All told, the installation of the block/pump portion of the system is tool-free and removing the block to swap out a CPU is quick and easy.

The AMD setup uses the stock AMD heatsink retention piece. You swap out some brackets on the block for use with AMD.
Other than the neccesity of swapping the brackets out on the block, the AMD installation of the block/pump is also tool-free.

I had to return my 1st H60, due to an overly noisy pump, but I got the 2nd one from Corsair yesterday, installed it, and it's working great.

whats your temps and what cpu do you have?

It's a 2600K. I just got the system put together, so I've not played with OC'ing yet.

At stock clocking, my temps are 30-32C and the new pump is very quiet.

It's in an FT02, so I originally used the stock Silverstone "golf ball" fan on the H50 I had in it.
The 4-wire fan is just as quiet when using the Q-Fan settings in BIOS, but I'm happy to know that it can push a lot more air if ever called upon to do so.

Just finished oc'ing and testing with prime95.
I'm running an Asus P8P67 Pro, so I used their AI Suite II.
The CPU easily clocked to 4.4GHz.
Running Prime95 for 20 minutes took the CPU temp up to 68-69C
The fan kicked in almost immediately after Prime95 started.
Immediately after stopping Prime95, the fan reduced speed and the temp dropped to 38C.

After another 15 minutes, it was down to 32C.

The fan is not silent at high RPM's, but it runs at a reasonably low sound level.

Just finished oc'ing and testing with prime95.
I'm running an Asus P8P67 Pro, so I used their AI Suite II.
The CPU easily clocked to 4.4GHz.
Running Prime95 for 20 minutes took the CPU temp up to 68-69C
The fan kicked in almost immediately after Prime95 started.
Immediately after stopping Prime95, the fan reduced speed and the temp dropped to 38C.

After another 15 minutes, it was down to 32C.

The fan is not silent at high RPM's, but it runs at a reasonably low sound level.

you will get better temps with push pull. I'm idling around 27-28c. I realized i had the two fans at push/push earlier and it maxed at 68-69c but now with push/pull installed right it maxes at 60C

if people need extra screws:
#6 machine thread, 32 TPI (threads per inch), 1.25 inches in length.

They look like:
08aHs.jpg

Back