Corsair H50 performance degrade over time?

Sojuuk

2[H]4U
When I first installed my Corsair H50 I was replacing a TRUE Copper which at the time was the best on the market. The temps were basically the same between both coolers but over the months of use the H50 has slowly gotten worse. I did try new thermal paste and it didn't help but I will say the past that came on the H50 really didn't make good contact. I finally put the TRUE Cu back on when I was idling at 40/45c with my [email protected] and my idles dropped 5c and so did my loads by 10c.

I am just wondering if anyone else has seen degradation in H50 performance over time?

I always wonder about that too... like do you have to refilled liquid? I have a space heater in my office and it has a sealed "oil" inside and always wonder if that liquid would evaporate during extended use.

I have had mine for over a year and it is right where it was when it was brand new, if not a touch better.
[email protected], 1.13v full folding load is about 56c with an ambient of about 75f. I have two fans on mine, both running at low.

the rad collects dust like it is its job. if i don't clean mine often i notice my temps go up.

mines about a year and 2 months old, I get the same temps as new(1-2* variance) after I clean the rad.

I used H50 for a long time, temps were the same if I perform regular cleaning.
Now, I switched to swiftech ultra.

i have not had any problem with my h50 as long as i kept the rad clean when it gets dirty you loss performance

Maybe you accidentally move it aside so its not hold its full contact with processor again?

Or maybe your pump which isn't working well, because it doesn't make sense for me about degrading performance on water cooling setup, unless you're run out water :)

Maybe you accidentally move it aside so its not hold its full contact with processor again?

Or maybe your pump which isn't working well, because it doesn't make sense for me about degrading performance on water cooling setup, unless you're run out water :)

Back