Corsair H50 + AMD FX-8350...?

Aloha guys! ;)

I'm going to buy the FX-8350. I already have a brand new H50 and so I was wondering...

since I will not overclock the cpu (for now), is the H50 good enough to cool the FX-8350 in the right way?

Thanks in advance.

yes it will work fine, if your not overclocking.

What? Ok...Why is my AMD Phenom X4 970 (3.5 GHz stock speed) o/c to 4.1 GHz? I'm using 2-120mm Vantec Stealth fans (push-pull) with 3 pins @ full blast. Sorry ebduncan...You don't have a clue!

What? Ok...Why is my AMD Phenom X4 970 (3.5 GHz stock speed) o/c to 4.1 GHz? I'm using 2-120mm Vantec Stealth fans (push-pull) with 3 pins @ full blast. Sorry ebduncan...You don't have a clue!

Just a complete guess, but the 8350 might have 4 more cores to it.

It really depends on how far you plan on overclocking the chip, I'm sure the H50 is capable of doing 0.1~ 0.5 GHZ overclocks.

Because the Phenom X4's don't run nearly as hot as the FX chips do. My old X6 1090 ran at 4.0 off a Hyper 212 but my 8150 was too much for it at ANY voltage higher than stock. So yes, a H50 will handle a 8350 and even a small overclock but that's it.

So...The Corsair H50 with dual fans can't bring the FX-8350 to 4.5+ GHz? I'm sure it can with a decent Cooler Master case like the N600. With plenty of fans & I'm sure it can do the job. Maybe I've been out of the game too long.

look at my signature. I know what it takes to overclock the FX series chips. The corsair H50 is not even as good as a high end air solution. That being said the H50 will not be able to overclock a 8350 very far, there are much better cooling solutions if overclocking is a concern.

H50 will not cut it for overclocking a FX chip. H80 and H100 or another manufacturer's equivalent cooler is what you need for overclocking it.

Well...I'll eat some egg on my face. It's been 4 years since my water-cooling installation for my current rig, that I will last me until October-November. Really thought the H50 could do better because of the FX being on a smaller die. Looks like I'll be on the look-out for a H100 when the time comes down the road. My apologies to ebduncan. Step-up & own-up when you have received an education.

Step up and own up? Why the juvenile language?

My friend that bought my FX-8320 from me is using a H50 on it and it is overclocked to 4.5ghz and runs nice and cool. I just don't like water cooling at all because if they fail your screwed.

look at my signature. I know what it takes to overclock the FX series chips. The corsair H50 is not even as good as a high end air solution. That being said the H50 will not be able to overclock a 8350 very far, there are much better cooling solutions if overclocking is a concern.

What do you consider very far?

I have a 8320 and a h50 in the parts box. I bet I can hit 4.5-4.6 no problem with a h50.

Back