Corsair H50 $60 at Best Buy

needmorecarnitine

Supreme [H]ardness
available online and for pickup at some stores. Bing cashback is up to 10% (I used "sony hdtv" had to try many times).

Used to see it for $50 AR a lot but the last time I saw that was around mid January.

I suspect this will cool better than a Tuniq Tower that is about 3 years old?

I suspect this will cool better than a Tuniq Tower that is about 3 years old?

If not better it will at least clear up some of the clutter and allow better overall case air-flow. I switched from a TRUE120 to this and it just looks a lot cleaner (a few degrees cooler off load temps helps too :p).

Found this by chance and was going to post it, OP beat me to it! I could not get the damn cashback to work (slick deals also said try "TigerDirect HDTV" too, but it still didn't give me a link). Still, $64 after tax for pick-up is cheaper than anywhere else.

EDIT: Damn it, I found the 10% using "LG HDTV." I cancelled and then reordered, kind of a pain in the ass, but $6 is $6 :p.

Last edited:
thanks OP, got in on one. as for the bing cash back, i went through the 10% link but during the order process i never saw anything about bing and it has yet to show up in my account. this is my first time ordering through best buy using bing so im not sure if i should be worried or just be patient.

edit: nevermind just got my confirmation email from bing.

thx for the BCB search word, put me over the top and snagged it with the remains of my gift card.

What are you guys doing exactly to find the bestbuy cashback? I've tried going to bing -> Shopping -> then searching the keywords and checking every item on the page but no bestbuy under "see all" stores.

keywords:
sony hdtv
TigerDirect HDTV
LG HDTV

Am I searching in the wrong place? Thanks.

What are you guys doing exactly to find the bestbuy cashback? I've tried going to bing -> Shopping -> then searching the keywords and checking every item on the page but no bestbuy under "see all" stores.

keywords:
sony hdtv
TigerDirect HDTV
LG HDTV

Am I searching in the wrong place? Thanks.

Just go to http://www.bing.com and search from there using: LG HDTV

You should see the banner ad at bestbuy.com and Bing Cashback.

Nvm I found it. I figured out that my ad blocker is working on current browser, lol. Tried a different browser and found the link no problem. Thx.

Saw this deal on SD yesterday and was able to pick one up at my local BB in SE Mich. Going to install it this weekend!

Sooooo tempted. This would be my first piece of watercooling hardware and I just was wondering. Does it come with the fluid also? I really think this would look good in my Corsair 800D, but I don't know if it's really worth it. What are the average temperature differences if I'm using say a stock AMD cooler? 5-10ºF?

What about temperatures? I really know nothing about watercooling, and I would like to start small.

i cant find cashback for best buy ANYWHERE. :(
I searched "Tiger Direct HDTV" and "Samsung HDTV" about 30 times each and got nothing. I plugged in "LG HDTV" and got the 10% on the second try. I just tried "LG HDTV" again and got it on the first try, so it's still working for me. Make sure you don't have any ad-blocking software hiding the links.

ah, gotta turn off adblock in firefox. oops. its OOS at my local BB, and im not going to the next closest one for a warmish deal, so no h50 for me.

seems that $60 is quickly becoming the regular price now.

ima pick one up, not for cooling, but hopefully because it is quieter than the stock i7 930 fan.

My local BB had three in stock. I got one just to have it for another project. I honestly do not feel like tearing my computer up right now, lol. Too busy...

I've been really impressed with this cooler. The 'stock' config, with the one included 120mm fan, puts it in with the better air coolers. Add a second fan to the other side of the radiator or replace the stock fan, and it really can keep a unit cool. The stock fan is pretty quiet.

For a closed loop system, this really works well. As a bonus, the mounting is simple and easy.

I replaced the stock fan with 2 Gentle Typhoons in a push/pull and used 4 other GT's in the case (TJ09), and I'm amazed at how quiet it is compared to my old setup. Not sure what my old fans were, but they were much louder.

I think my temps are good for what little I'm pushing my 920, (3.8Ghz at stock volts) and I never break 72-75C at full load.

Overall very pleased with the H50 after about a month of use.

I am feeling that the stock thermal tim needs to be removed and replaced with something else. Anyone else think the same?

Sigh... this thread forced me to go buy it and spend a few hours modding the middle drive bay in my antec 900 to work as an air tunnel with fans on either side and radiator in middle... :p Thanks OP

I am feeling that the stock thermal tim needs to be removed and replaced with something else. Anyone else think the same?

You want to replace one of the best TIMs...........Shin Etsu, with what? Please do not say Arctic Silver.

FYI: Make sure you open the box before you leave the store and verify the contents. Back when I purchased this on 12/31/09, I got it home and found that someone had removed the contents and put a couple of fans and p4 heatsinks in it's place.

Well, the store I bought it from basically told me tough luck, not our problem.:mad: Thankfully, another store the next day hooked me up with a proper replacement. The unit has been working great ever since. :D

You want to replace one of the best TIMs...........Shin Etsu, with what? Please do not say Arctic Silver.

all TIM is the same. its the application that varies. the most difference you can get between a decent TIM and the best is like a degree. you'll get a lot better result by applying it better, or tweaking the airflow in your case than by getting different thermal compound. i use AS Ceramique and sometimes AS5 and they both work fine. shin etsu does not, however, need to be replaced with either. :)

all TIM is the same. its the application that varies. the most difference you can get between a decent TIM and the best is like a degree. you'll get a lot better result by applying it better, or tweaking the airflow in your case than by getting different thermal compound. i use AS Ceramique and sometimes AS5 and they both work fine. shin etsu does not, however, need to be replaced with either. :)

+1, well said sir.

The default pad worked remarkably well. I figured it would need to be replaced with my AS, but ... no need with the temps I see.

I got one of these at Fry's a couple of days ago, I love it, there's a ton of mods people do with them on overclock.net as well, a huge almost 1000 page thread (forum default is 5 posts-per-page......) is over there for this unit.

http://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/612436-official-corsair-h50-hydro-series-owners.html

swapping tubing, adding another radiator, adding an external reservoir, etc..

Not sure I'll mod mine, but I've been trying to get back to a water cooled machine for a long time and while I don't really count this thing, it's been much nicer than my Tuniq Tower 120, especially for overall airflow through the whole case.

Last edited:
I made my wife go get me one today while I was at work.. Its a PITA to install on a already built system, but its worth it..

Back