Corsair H50 $60.00 @ Best Buy

There is no mail in rebate. I think you mean without MIR.

I know I can find this out with about 5 seconds of google but whats the usual price on this? And, does it fit in a FT-02?

I know I can find this out with about 5 seconds of google but whats the usual price on this? And, does it fit in a FT-02?

MSRP is $79, but its been going on sale at some places (Frys, BB, ZZF) for between $50-$59 lately.

Should be able to fit in a FT-02, I think i've seen it in a raven 2 which has a similar interior layout

I know Kyle didn't have overly kind words about this cooler, but every review out there says this thing is really good for what it is, and the numbers pretty much back that up. I wonder how it would do with a couple of Noctua fans in a push/pull combo? Lack of noise would be a bonus.

Thanks OP I may snag one of these in prep for a new build I hadn't planned to do.

The prices usually range from $65-$80 on the Net depending on where you buy and if you catch a sale. Cheapest I heard of was $55 back before Xmas. Its a good cooler. $60 is a good price for it. :)

A couple days ago I go the h50 for my bday. (Got if for $55 during that sale before xmas.)

Very very pleased so far! I must have mounted it poorly on my first try as it was yielding poor temps, but after a readjustment I can say I am quite pleased.

I upgraded from a AC7 and am running a q9450 @ 3.33 w/ ~1.25v.
There is probably a ~10c difference in idle temp and around a 20-25c for max temps.
Extended prime/IBT used to take my cpu to ~80c and now it seems to top out at 60-65c, and it used to idle at 42-44c.

First test temps @ home
h501sttest.jpg

I have my fans on the h50 as a push/pull setup in-taking cool air into the case w/ the corsair fan and one noctua p12.
I just moved back from xmas break, and I cannot believe how much hotter my room was at home than my house here. Look at the temp diffs haha. 33 v 39 idle and 54 v 65 max... wow
I think I gonna have to oc this q9450 to 3.6 now w/ that much overhead temp room.

2nd test @ college
h50test2.jpg

and now my pc is nearly silent w/ only noctua p12s and sflexs in it

Lets see some of you [H]ard peeps do some mods like this:
http://www.overclock.net/7890357-post523.html

The following for this cooler: http://www.overclock.net/water-cool...r-h50-hydro-series-owners-53.html#post7890534

Tubing size is 8mm inner, 10mm outer. If someone is interested.
I made a really nice water cooling unit out of just ripping the Radiator out of its shell in an Aquagate S1. But I think this is gonna be my next fun mini project. I have had better temps mounting the rad externally away from the case like this with the S1(E8400@4Ghz, cooling quad 9550 at stock now.) :

Compatible with select CPU sockets
Including Intel® LGA 775, LGA 1156 and LGA 1355

How can this thing support LGA 1355 (a socket so new I have never herd of it) and not 1366.

A typo perhaps?

Also I'm in for one...works great, nice and quiet too...out performs my CNPS 9900... I'm starting to become a Corsair head....given that I have the H50, Dominator Ram, and the Obsidian 800D :/

It is a nice cooler. It outperform my Scythe Mugen 2 but could not touch my Noctua NH-D14. If you can install it getting air from the outside, for the price, I like it. :)

This is REALLY tempting.
Got a $30 BB gift card for the holidays...so $30 for a first try at water cooling may be too good to pass on.

Thanks OP!

How much maintenance would this thing require? Would I have to inspect for leaks or potential problems regularly?

I've stayed away from true watercooling because of the high maintenance factor, but if something like this is a "set it and forget it" type of deal, I'd love to try it and replace some noisy fans.

How much maintenance would this thing require? Would I have to inspect for leaks or potential problems regularly?

I've stayed away from true water cooling because of the high maintenance factor, but if something like this is a "set it and forget it" type of deal, I'd love to try it and replace some noisy fans.
Nothing like water cooling, in my opinion. Don't even think water cooling. More like high-end air cooling with a twist. I only open my case to admire it.

Had this since the $49 fry's deal. It's very good. The performance and design is perfect for my case.

I've had this cooler for a few months and I've been happy with it. It is very quiet and does a similar if not slightly better job than high-end air cooling except that it's much smaller than most heatsinks. The fan/radiator assembly is only about 2x the size of a 120mm fan and the pump / water block is tiny compared to even the OEM heatsink. Between getting this thing and replacing all of my 120mm fans with Scythe S-Flex my machine is nearly silent now (except when the video card fan fires up of course)

Dead deal, it's back up to $79.99 now.

It's probably quieter than some normal air coolers, although the Noctua NH-D14 is supposed to be very quiet for how well it cools.

The pump is practically silent. I only heard it with all of my other fans unplugged, sitting very close to the machine with the case open. The fan is also what seems to be a very good quality, quiet PWM fan, but you could always replace it with something else.

I never hear it. Period.

Same here. The unit itself is pretty quiet, the only fan you need is to cool the radiator and depending on your temp needs you can get away with lower fan speeds than a totally air-cooled unit.
Stock unit/fan though is pretty darn silent. I'm pretty happy with it ( purchased during the BB sale and a $30 christmas gift card, so it was pretty cheap personally ). Running a q9650 @ 3.6 and running Prime95/IBT only gets me into the low 60's (c).

Quiet, awesome, keeps my Q6600 under 30C at idle at stock speeds and maxes around 55C overclocked to 3ghz - this is in a Thermaltake Lanbox so airflow isnt optimal. Extremely impressed with this cooler.

Just a small warning to those like me with the eVGA X58 3X SLI mobo and likely the other eVGA X58 boards: there is a large heatsink on the backside of the board covering I guess the voltage regulator area, near the I/O shield area. It's tall enough that you won't be able to put two fans and the radiator back there in certain cases. I ran into that, was going to do a push/pull but can only get one fan in there with that radiator. So be sure to check any tall heatsinks in that area of your mobo!

I noticed a nice decrease in overall sound and temperature drops. Very pleased. I have had the pleasure of putting in both versions of this kit, the original non -1 and the -1 versions. To be rather honest, the non -1 version was easier to install on a socket 1366 platform, the -1 version had more pieces to put together and took longer. Wasn't any more complicated per se, but I did notice 4 extra large-threaded bolt down screws in my -1 kit which were never used, the narrow-threaded ones were. Still trying to figure out what they were for LOL.

Back