Corsair H20 on a video card?

Direfox

[H]ard|Gawd
I did some searching on this but came up with nothing. Is it plausible? Will it cool down a video card better than air cooling or does it not have enough thermal removal-ocity powers? And would you have remove the CPU heatsink and attach a gpu waterblock or could you make it work intact?

I agree totally with mrmylanman. It seems like a total waste of time imho.

I wouldn't think an h50 on a video card would offer much more cooling than some of the higher end video card air cooling solutions. Not to mention a ton more work.

Not to mention that high end modern GPUs (the ones you'd want to WC) produce much more heat than CPUs anyway. Also, video cards have other components that need to be cooled- RAM, voltage regulators..

I would give it a go, ghetto style with zip-ties and dremmel. Could be an affective cooloing solution, though potentially expensive.
Don't forget to slap some heatsinks on other components of the board.

I would give it a go, ghetto style with zip-ties and dremmel. Could be an affective cooloing solution, though potentially expensive.
Don't forget to slap some heatsinks on other components of the board.

exactly why you own a card your not worried about killing :p

What's this H20 ? You mean H50 ?

My bad :eek:

Not to mention that high end modern GPUs (the ones you'd want to WC) produce much more heat than CPUs anyway. Also, video cards have other components that need to be cooled- RAM, voltage regulators..

This is what I was most worried about, and its not for my gtx 260, I am planning a new build in May/June and will probably get a 5870 or nVidia of equal performance .... whichever suits me better at the time. I saw a picture of two H50's hooked up together in a Lian Li A05b case and it got me thinking. I would like to do something a little different with this build but I haven't decided what yet.

I saw a picture of two H50's hooked up together in a Lian Li A05b case and it got me thinking. I would like to do something a little different with this build but I haven't decided what yet.

Right here on Hardforum, scroll down a few pictures.

That is a single H50 running on two 120mm rads with a mini reservoir, just for clarification.

As far as using an H50 to cool a video card, you're definitely going to have to mod it. 1x120 is no where near enough to cool enthusiast level cards.

Back