Corsair H100i refill?

stinger608

Supreme [H]ardness
So I have a Corsair H100i (I think that is what it is) and the system kept getting warmer and warmer. I shut this system down and pulled the AIO cooler and if you shake the radiator you can hear kind of a slosh sound so I have to think this cooler lost some of the fluid.

Never seen a leak or signs of a leak though, so I'm not sure at this point.

However, I'm asking the water cooling guru's if a person can open these up and refill them?

I'd be more than willing to cut a line and add a fill port if anyone thinks this can be done and work okay.

I realize I'd need to completely empty the remaining solution and start from scratch with new fluid.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

How was the orientation of the cooler in your case? I would just get a new cooler instead of trying to refill it if it really has lost that much liquid.

If you do go the new cooler route, I'd suggest looking at the Alphacool Eisbaer series. They're uglier (imo) than the Corsair units, but offer one big advantage: being able to take out, refill, switch out components as needed.

Performance-wise, I'm not noticing much of a difference over my previous Corsair H115i, but the utility of the unit is great. Stock's currently not great on them, though.

https://www.dazmode.com/shop/waterc...alphacool-eisbaer-aurora-240-cpu-digital-rgb/

I'd much rather try and fill the Corsair unit due to money. Also hate to just toss it when all it needs in a refill? Heck, the pump works good and all that so I just hate to see it go to waste.

Also, -Strelok- if you are talking how the radiator was positioned, it was mounted to the top of the case. Not sure if that is what you are asking though.

there is always some are in aios, all my corsairs slosh too, until i refilled them fuller. but you need to make sure that you dont have a clog first. feel to see if one of the hoses is real hot, if one is you have a clogged barb. that was the issue with the two ive done. easiest way to refill them is to carefully cut up the side of the barb and pull the tube off and clean the clog. you can top it up with 90/10 water antifreeze, its whats in them to start. snip the tip of the tube where its cut and pop it back on. also, if your rad is mounted at the top of the case, the bit of air wont matter as it will always stay there.
ps: yes, if there isnt a clog and you want to top it off, you can cut the tube and add a fill port or T or something like that.

there is always some are in aios, all my corsairs slosh too, until i refilled them fuller. but you need to make sure that you dont have a clog first. feel to see if one of the hoses is real hot, if one is you have a clogged barb. that was the issue with the two ive done. easiest way to refill them is to carefully cut up the side of the barb and pull the tube off and clean the clog. you can top it up with 90/10 water antifreeze, its whats in them to start. snip the tip of the tube where its cut and pop it back on. also, if your rad is mounted at the top of the case, the bit of air wont matter as it will always stay there.
ps: yes, if there isnt a clog and you want to top it off, you can cut the tube and add a fill port or T or something like that.

Awesome information bro!!!!!! Thank you very very much for your insight man. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Back