Corsair h100i broken pump..

Araxie

Supreme [H]ardness
well.. short story: another victim of the corsair h100i pump issue...

Long story: I received this system almost exactly 1 month ago, and well all perform flawless for 3 weeks.. after that point i started to see a slighly increase on temps every day on normal gaming.. then i proceeded to make some test with p95, Intel linx and aida64, my actual i7 was slighly oc'd turbo to 3.9ghz on all cores, 4.2ghz single core and well my worries become a reality when prime 95 sent my chip to 90C, I immediately stop all the test and started to check for any leak then touch the tubes one was cold, the other veeeery hot, so well, fans running good, radiator was fine, tubes fine and no leaks.....

Story final: pump broken, i'd contacted to the store where I bought the will cover the warranty process (excelent.. so i avoid the RMA process with corsair) but they have to test few days the product.. no problem.. i bought a cheap Hyper 212evo they offered me for like 10$ while they make the product check and test.....

what I found? what a hell of excelent product the hyper 212. I made some couple of test with the stock speed on p95 for like 2 hours, heck.. it perform almost the same as the corsair h100i, just one degree of diference... on a 30C room temp (i choose this, cuz was the last controlled room temp I made the last test with the h100i)..

this are my temps with h100i:
hyper212.png

The thing its.. was my H100i starting to damage days ago without realizing?... or how this cheap hyper 212 can perform exactly the same as a h100i?. tomorrow i'll start a new round of test with the chip oc'd as same as was the h100i and my normally room temp.. to compare.. i guess i should receive much higher temp with the hyper 212 on oc'd temp.. im truly at this point dissapointed with the h100i.. when i receive a new one im thinking in sell it U_U..

the hyper 212 really is awesome lol. only reason i went h100 is because i want the heat blowing out the top of my prodigy case.. other then that i would have bought another hyper 212 in a heart beat.

People tend to think these kind of AIO coolers are better than everything because they are "watercooling", but they hold nothing to true WCed setups and often times are in the same temp range as highend air coolers, the AIO's shine where the case is small or you need to move heat outside etc, in other words, they fit in places a normal tower cooler would never make it. But as far as temps/noise go, they are still in the same range as highend air.

Although I love Corsair and about everything they sell......plus their service is second to none...........

when it comes to the all-in-one watercoolers, you have to read the reviews.

Many,many of these are just a bit better than a really good air cooler.

Advantage though......quiet.....and generally vent the hot air out through the radiator and not in the case, plus not as bulky as the larger HSF units.

I prefer full scale watercooling, but some of the Corsair units can be pretty good, you just have to read the reviews carefully.:D

A lot of the reviews for the AIO coolers will show you that the temps aren't much off from a high quality air cooler.

I love water cooling and built my first full loop back in 2006. After a couple of years of the upkeep and burnt out pumps, I went back to air cooling. At that point in time, I picked up a Tuniq 120 tower cooler to cool my overclocked Q6600, and I was very surprised with the performance on air. I've stuck with air ever since, and I really like my Hyper 212 Evo now. It's been great.

I do think the AIO coolers are a bit better then air when you get into higher clocks/voltages. They will maintain temps better then air will.

For a cheap water cooling solution, I guess AIO's are a decent way to go. But you can't beat a good custom loop. I often think about building another full loop, I think I could build a much more reliable water setup now. Water cooling parts then seemed hard to come by. Not so much now.

well.. short story: another victim of the corsair h100i pump issue...

Long story: I received this system almost exactly 1 month ago, and well all perform flawless for 3 weeks.. after that point i started to see a slighly increase on temps every day on normal gaming.. then i proceeded to make some test with p95, Intel linx and aida64, my actual i7 was slighly oc'd turbo to 3.9ghz on all cores, 4.2ghz single core and well my worries become a reality when prime 95 sent my chip to 90C, I immediately stop all the test and started to check for any leak then touch the tubes one was cold, the other veeeery hot, so well, fans running good, radiator was fine, tubes fine and no leaks.....

Story final: pump broken, i'd contacted to the store where I bought the will cover the warranty process (excelent.. so i avoid the RMA process with corsair) but they have to test few days the product.. no problem.. i bought a cheap Hyper 212evo they offered me for like 10$ while they make the product check and test.....

what I found? what a hell of excelent product the hyper 212. I made some couple of test with the stock speed on p95 for like 2 hours, heck.. it perform almost the same as the corsair h100i, just one degree of diference... on a 30C room temp (i choose this, cuz was the last controlled room temp I made the last test with the h100i)..

this are my temps with h100i:
hyper212.png

The thing its.. was my H100i starting to damage days ago without realizing?... or how this cheap hyper 212 can perform exactly the same as a h100i?. tomorrow i'll start a new round of test with the chip oc'd as same as was the h100i and my normally room temp.. to compare.. i guess i should receive much higher temp with the hyper 212 on oc'd temp.. im truly at this point dissapointed with the h100i.. when i receive a new one im thinking in sell it U_U..

Show me 4.2 and greater temp comparisons....

You're not loading either to their full potential. In a higher wattage situation, you'll see the H100 start to pull away from the 212. You're just not creating enough heat for them to show their true colors.

That Hyper might be handling your current duties with roughly the same temps as your H100 but that doesn't show the whole story. I had a Hyper and it is an excellent cooler and probably the best cooler dollar for dollar and I got to 4.3 Ghz on my 8150 but that was at stock voltage. Once I ticked it up a little, temps shot up quite a bit and I quickly blew passed my 62C redline.

And as comparison, the Hyper was running 61C at 4.3 Ghz with 1.35V. When I got my H100 I ran at those settings to see the difference and it was 41C! I'm now at 4.5 GHz and 1.4V and hovering in the low to mid 50's under OCCT and during normal use, I'm able to keep the fans at the lowest setting which makes them virtually silent and it never gets out of the mid 40's while gaming. While trying (in vain) to get 4.6 to work, I've been as high as 1.49V and this H100 STILL kept temps under 62C!

So I totally agree that the Hyper is a superb cooler but is no match for a H100. If you had a heat generating monster like my 8150, you'd see the H100i of yours is in a whole other league. ;)

Back