Corsair H100 vs Custom CPU loop

TekRok

2[H]4U
Is it worth going with an H100 series of coolers vs. building my own loop for the CPU?

I currently have an EK block with a 280mm Rad, along with an EK D5 Pump with Res built in. I am able to keep my 4.8Ghz 4790k under 44C load while doing gaming and video, and 29C idle speeds.
I will be selling my system and going to build a new, but less complicated system. I still want to OC the chip to the same speed, but curious what temps I am able to attain with a Corsair unit.

Are they worth it? I hear the pump sucks, and at the end of the day a Noctua D15 unit is able to keep the same temps as the closed loop system corsair offers.

So is it a waste of money? Or should I build another custom loop?

you will be disappointing downgrading from a custom loop to any AIO water cooling kit in the tier of the H100i.. if you wanna go with any of those, i could only recommend the Cooler master Glacer 240L or swiftech H220X.. those are the closest thing to any custom loop water in the range of the AIO/DIY department.. both are expandable and offer substantial cooling performance improvement over any other bigger AIO closed loop.. =)..

May wish to consider brand new arrival, Swiftech H240-X which has 280 rad and should be even better than H220-X. Will definitely candidate for the best closed loop-cooler but that of course will be tested soon in independent reviews.

May wish to consider brand new arrival, Swiftech H240-X which has 280 rad and should be even better than H220-X. Will definitely candidate for the best closed loop-cooler but that of course will be tested soon in independent reviews.

man i didn't know it was out yet =D I'll test it for sure..

Do you guys think its enough to keep the temps at similar numbers as my custom loop?

I have an H100 and a swiftech H220 that I'd be willing to trade + cash for a block and pump.

I added my 780 HOF into my H220 loop along with VRM and PCH blocks and I wonder if I can get my temps down even further with more radiators.

I have an H100 and a swiftech H220 that I'd be willing to trade + cash for a block and pump.

I added my 780 HOF into my H220 loop along with VRM and PCH blocks and I wonder if I can get my temps down even further with more radiators.

Probably. I think the rule of 1 120mm space per hot component has gone of date since the GTX 780 and R9 290. Those GPUs pump out some serious heat. I had trouble keeping temperatures down with 2x overclocked Titans and an overclocked 3770K (as in Titans would hit 60C during stabilized load). Now I've got 2x 360mm rads inside of 3x Titan + 5960X build, but I'm not sure that's even going to be enough if I overclock everything. I'm looking at loads exceeding 750W into the loop when the three Titans are going, and ~1000w if I try to push 1200mhz on them.

I changed the stock radiator with a 360mm. My load temps under BF4 are 55 for the 780 HOF and 68-70 for the 3570k (@4.3). I'm thinking of adding the stock 240mm rad back into the loop but not sure if the pump would handle it.

Back