Corsair H100 upgrade.

DefJae

n00b
Ever since upgrading to evga gtx 570 SC hd my overall computer internal temp went up by 5 degrees under load. I thought about replacing my 200mm fan with a higher cfm, but my concern at this point is noise. Has anyone tried a push pull configuration with the H100? And is it worth the added noise VS performance?

Noise Vs Perf. is better than other Corsair h20 products. Didnt try push pull yet because there is no need. Medium fan speed is great for perf. and noise and that is H100 sweet spot. First Corsair h2o which would i recommend. Others have perf/nosie problem but this one is balanced nicely. It looks like fans on h100 are better than on h70 and others. I dodnt know about h80.

Do you have two 120mm? Or single 200mm? I can use either or with my case. Do you think two 120mm high cfm would lead to better temp?

Noise Vs Perf. is better than other Corsair h20 products. Didnt try push pull yet because there is no need. Medium fan speed is great for perf. and noise and that is H100 sweet spot. First Corsair h2o which would i recommend. Others have perf/nosie problem but this one is balanced nicely. It looks like fans on h100 are better than on h70 and others. I dodnt know about h80.

I dont know about 200mm fan , never used one. I use(in case) 120mm, 3 x 1200/800rpm Scythe S-Flex and I love them because they are silent and very well build. On H100 leave stock fans because they seems very good on lower RPMs and good static pressure for radiator.. As far as I know 600t is more build for water cooling systems than air. Try to buy more cfm 200mm. 212+ is good cooler but DH14, VenomusX etc. are much better for overclocked SB CPU. You wont go wrong with H100 if dont mind high price and if you do HR02 Macho seems like great deal, thx H for review.

Last edited:
Just so undecided, it would have been a clear upgrade if the h100 has the capability to add a VGA cooler...

I second that. Pretty sure in the next couple years that's going to be pretty commonplace to find water cooled video cards from the factory. It's still relatively easy to silence a VGA with air, at least in my experience. But they're only getting bigger and hotter.

I'd much rather have a small radiator somewhere than have 15lbs of aluminum pulling down in my motherboard any day

I feel the same way, taking out the CPU heatsink can improve the overall temp inside the case. I wonder if there's a negative impact on using 200mm to pull and two 120mm to push?

Back