Corsair Force Series 3 or Crucial M4?

I've been looking for an SSD for a bit now.
Currently the lowest anyone will go is around $85 for the 64gb M4.
However today, someone asked if I would purchase their 90gb Corsair Series 3, for only $90.

What's your opinion on the Corsair? Should I get this?

I kinda feel meh on the Corsair Force 3 since it's asynchronous NAND.

Now if it were a Corsair Force GT, that'd be a different story.

I would wait for a better sale. They seem to come up every other week.

Like he said if you go corsair get the gt.
I picked up the 120gb for $130 after rebate my first ssd.
If they are the same price range grab the m4 unless It's a great deal like I got.

I third.

But consider the 830 in addition to the M4. My 64GB 830 came with Norton Ghost, Batman: Arkham City, and was only $97. I have a 64GB M4 as well, and the 830 writes faster and looks cooler. If you're looking for 120GB drives, then I'd like the Force better if you can get it cheap -- for around $120 it's a good buy. But the M4 and 830 at 64GB are effectively faster than the Force 3 at 120GB due to it's Asynchronous Micron/IMFT NAND. The Force 3 when used with incompressible data will get slaughtered by the other two drives I named, but is still pretty fast -- slightly to noticeably faster than a SF1200.

If you can get a good deal on a 120GB SF2281 with synchronous or Toggle NAND (possible for the first, not likely on the second) then that would be the superior option.

I own a lot of 60GB drives, but now it's really worth stepping up to 128GB versions. They're usually quite a bit faster than the 64GB variants. In the olden days, a 60GB Vertex Turbo wasn't much slower than a 120GB Vertex Turbo for example, but with current pricing it doesn't make a lot of sense to get the 64GB drives.

Back