Corsair Force 60GB SSD $25ar @ Newegg

Thanks dude. But 60gb? I dunno man, that's damn tiny. I bought a much faster 120GB Intel 530 for $55, and that's not even a BF deal, so I'd wait for something a more reasonable size, because its nice to fit your games and what not too. Granted its twice the price. *shrugs*

fantastic deal. I'd be all over this for 4 for my unix(y) servers if there wasn't a MIR limit.

How's the Phison controller in this? It wasn't so hot in the Crucial v4, but good in the MyDigitalSSD BP3.

Thanks dude. But 60gb? I dunno man, that's damn tiny. I bought a much faster 120GB Intel 530 for $55, and that's not even a BF deal, so I'd wait for something a more reasonable size, because its nice to fit your games and what not too. Granted its twice the price. *shrugs*

Some people don't trust SSD so just use it as a boot drive for OS install, swap, etc.

Everything else goes on single platter 1TB hard drive (WD blue is my favorite)

this is plenty for a windows/software partition. basically a free speed upgrade for the next windows reinstall, everyone should buy an ssd.

im on a 40GB SSD for windows / programs, still over 40% empty

Some people don't trust SSD so just use it as a boot drive for OS install, swap, etc.
Would you trust something that can croak instantly, as compared to a spinning rust drive which tends to go bad gradually, giving you a chance to get your data off?

Would you trust something that can croak instantly, as compared to a spinning rust drive which tends to go bad gradually, giving you a chance to get your data off?

I have a much higher failure rate with spinning rust.

I don't either, but everything goes on the SSD, then Acronis does a perfect image backup to the platter drive. If it ever fails, I can swap in another SSD, boot from the Acronis USB stick, and recover everything 100%.

Now only $20ar using $5 promo code SMCBFDX

looks like they sold out, newegg is no longer a listed seller and the price is $55

Last edited:
Back