Corsair [finally!] offering FREE Ryzen upgrade brackets

ir0nw0lf

Supreme [H]ardness
(EDIT: Seems you *have* to create a new account or login with an existing account in order to place the order. Many people on multiple sites are saying you can't place the order without doing so)

Posted this in the other thread about the other makers offering brackets, this probably deserved its own thread, not everyone would likely be reading the other thread since Corsair isn't in the title...

http://www.corsair.com/ryzen

Link on the site to get some kind of discount code. Normal price is looking to be $4.99, shows shipping in 1-2 weeks. <-- Ouch.

Compatible out-of-the-box with Ryzen AM4:

Compatible with Ryzen AM4 with additional mounting bracket:

*Bracket available at no cost for limited time only and while supplies last. Available in the following countries: US, Canada, UK, Germany, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland. Limit one per customer.

Last edited:
Good luck getting the Corsair Link software that actually controls the AIO coolers to report temperatures from these new CPU's. Kaby Lake has been out for a while now and Corsair still hasn't fixed the program to read the CPU temperature.

This means the unit won't control fan speed based on CPU temp.

Which is freaking stupid. That said my plan was to pretty much set the fan speeds to as loud as I think I can deal with. And then test the temps at load. Then just leave it there when I find the happy place.

Good luck getting the Corsair Link software that actually controls the AIO coolers to report temperatures from these new CPU's. Kaby Lake has been out for a while now and Corsair still hasn't fixed the program to read the CPU temperature.

Take the fans out of the cpu group and assign them to the h100i group.

Fan speed can be controlled based on the temp of the cooling head.

Take the fans out of the cpu group and assign them to the h100i group.

Fan speed can be controlled based on the temp of the cooling head.

That, or I could let the fan speed be controlled by the GPU temps.

Neither one of these are what I want it to do, nor what it should do.

No it should be based on the block temp. Otherwise your fans are constantly spinning up and down. Block temp is closest to water temp which is what matters in an aio.

Hmm gotta be kidding me.

So how do you assign the fan cpu group? Is that in the Corsair Link software? Never used it before.

Yeah make sure it's up to date. Make a new custom profile and select the block as the temp source. Set your fan curve and your done.

Coupon code didn't work for me either but luckily the cost+cheapest shipping in the USA totals to less than 10 bucks, so in for one.

What is wrong with this company?

These tools still don't have the discount code working when I go to check out.

Get with the program!

I'm sorry but can you provide proof that's correct. I've never seen anyone claim that before.
Not at the mo. Trying to get a system pieced together s my main system died. Using my phone is a pita. But the block temp comes from the thermal probe inside the block, usually in a chamber with access to the fluid. If you look on gamersnexus at any of their aio teardowns you'll see what I'm talking about.

Just a plain h110? Only know the I versions... Does it use the AMD tabs or does it have bolts? If it uses the tabs, it will work.

That, or I could let the fan speed be controlled by the GPU temps.

Neither one of these are what I want it to do, nor what it should do.

Except for the fact that the h100i temp is more accurate than the temp that comes off the processor. You knew that right? That AMD chips have wonky temp sensors?

Right?

So you're better off sensing at cooling head sensor. The AMD chips don't give a good temp reading until after about 43c.

I'm sorry, but the default setting for these AIO have always been to adjust fan speed by the CPU temp. Why would I believe any of you that I'm supposed to use the temperasure of the cooling head? I wasn't asking for proof that the head has temp sensors. I'm asking for proof that it's the proper way to run the AIO when the default (when it worked) was to adjust by cpu temp.

The code worked for me only after a created an account.... Zero cost shipping as well.

Code worked for me this morning after creating a new account, however it says pending. Not sure if it's because I didn't enter a method of payment (it said it didn't require any) but gave me an 800 to call at 10AM EST this morning.

I'm sorry, but the default setting for these AIO have always been to adjust fan speed by the CPU temp. Why would I believe any of you that I'm supposed to use the temperasure of the cooling head? I wasn't asking for proof that the head has temp sensors. I'm asking for proof that it's the proper way to run the AIO when the default (when it worked) was to adjust by cpu temp.

All I did was give you a solid work around for a problem you are anticipating- which will work.

If you don't believe me... you should go buy a different watercooler.

I bought a CM 212 until my Kraken x62 brackets come in stock at mWave. After my Tt Bigwater 850 Incident, I like to keep a air cooler on hand anyway ;). At least I'll be forced to wait for overclocking info here before I go off into the deep end and blow shiz up lol

All I did was give you a solid work around for a problem you are anticipating- which will work.

If you don't believe me... you should go buy a different watercooler.

You're still not understanding my point. I understand what you're saying is a workaround... I knew this could be done even before making this thread. In fact, I have 3 different choices. GPU, water block or SSD/HDD (lol) to control the fan speeds with. I was referring to the person who said it's better to control it via water block temp rather than the CPU temp. I simply want to know why that's a better option, and am asking for proof of such.

For the record, you telling me that the temperature sensors on my CPU are inaccurate seems unfounded, at least from what a quick google search tells me. Also, I have an intel, not an AMD as you referenced in your posting, if that makes any difference.

If my wording is confusing people, I apologize sincerely.

You're still not understanding my point. I understand what you're saying is a workaround... I knew this could be done even before making this thread. In fact, I have 3 different choices. GPU, water block or SSD/HDD (lol) to control the fan speeds with. I was referring to the person who said it's better to control it via water block temp rather than the CPU temp. I simply want to know why that's a better option, and am asking for proof of such.

For the record, you telling me that the temperature sensors on my CPU are inaccurate seems unfounded, at least from what a quick google search tells me. Also, I have an intel, not an AMD as you referenced in your posting, if that makes any difference.

If my wording is confusing people, I apologize sincerely.

The only thing I'm confused about it why you are dealing with this issue in the AMD forum...

The only thing I'm confused about it why you are dealing with this issue in the AMD forum...

Still confused?

I just remembered this morning I [still] have two in-the-box H50 kits. Used them for a while in two systems, moved on to dual rad/fan units and tossed the H50s into their boxes. Thinking they would now be pretty good on a 65W 1700 or anything else lower down the line. So I ordered two brackets, one to home one to work.

Nope... I offered a solution. My job here is done.

It's not a solution, it's a workaround. If you're still suggesting that reading the block temp is the way it's really supposed to be done without backing it up with any supporting information that's verifiable, then what you have there is just an opinion. An opinion that can't be backed on any verifiable facts should be (and will be in this case) ignored.

The original problem still exist, and I highly suspect it will exist for Ryzen buyers as well.

It's not a solution, it's a workaround. If you're still suggesting that reading the block temp is the way it's really supposed to be done without backing it up with any supporting information that's verifiable, then what you have there is just an opinion. An opinion that can't be backed on any verifiable facts should be (and will be in this case) ignored.

The original problem still exist, and I highly suspect it will exist for Ryzen buyers as well.

Huge huge problem... horrible....

<rolleyes>

Huge huge problem... horrible....

<rolleyes>

I know, right? How dare anyone get their panties in a wad over something that cost a bunch of coin and doesn't work as advertised. Shame on me. How's life with your head in the sand? Can I join you?

yes by default it reads cpu temp but that doesnt mean that it HAS to stay that way. thats the whole fucking reason it gives you options for what temp to control by. how is that so fucking hard to understand?! or do you just NEED to argue for the sake of arguing? if you look on corsairs forum there is plenty of talk about it. oh and give them fucking time to update the software, this happens every cpu release, FFS!!

kaby was not out when the unit was designed, it does work just not on the default setting, the custom fan curve works AS ADVERTISED!

I know, right? How dare anyone get their panties in a wad over something that cost a bunch of coin and doesn't work as advertised. Shame on me. How's life with your head in the sand? Can I join you?

I'm just enjoying the fact you are suffering so much. Not from the standpoint that you are suffering... but because you seem to be suffering even though you were given a solution ... or a workaround.

Go complain to Corsair. Don't expect others to get upset because you cannot work your world view around an imperfection in an otherwise functional cooler.

Get some perspective.

yes by default it reads cpu temp but that doesnt mean that it HAS to stay that way. thats the whole fucking reason it gives you options for what temp to control by. how is that so fucking hard to understand?! or do you just NEED to argue for the sake of arguing? if you look on corsairs forum there is plenty of talk about it. oh and give them fucking time to update the software, this happens every cpu release, FFS!!

kaby was not out when the unit was designed, it does work just not on the default setting, the custom fan curve works AS ADVERTISED!

Nope, not arguing for the sakes of arguing. So your original claim that having it operate via the block temp is a better solution is unfounded?

I'm just enjoying the fact you are suffering so much. Not from the standpoint that you are suffering... but because you seem to be suffering even though you were given a solution ... or a workaround.

Go complain to Corsair. Don't expect others to get upset because you cannot work your world view around an imperfection in an otherwise functional cooler.

Get some perspective.

I have plenty of perspective on plenty of things. Forgive me for having an issue with people having a lackadaisical attitude about an issue and then spouting off a workaround as sound science without backing up their claims with proof.

I'll ask one more time (I'm sure only to see BOTH of you dance around the question and resort to name calling)...

Where is the proof that running the cooler fan curves based off of the block temperature a better solution than CPU temperature?

Back