Corsair fan pricing

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
I dunno what is going on, but I don't like it. I noticed today when stripping my new 900D to get it ready to build in, that the previous owner put high perf. SP120's in the front.

I'd like to replace them and the non-matching grey AF140 in the back with all AF stuff.

But why do I have to pay a 60% premium because I don't want LED fans?

af120, Newegg - Newegg.com

I was eyeballing the 140mm version of these last week to include with my h115i order and wondered the same thing. not quite 60% as expensive but still about 4-5 bucks more for non LED.

I dunno what is going on, but I don't like it. I noticed today when stripping my new 900D to get it ready to build in, that the previous owner put high perf. SP120's in the front.

I'd like to replace them and the non-matching grey AF140 in the back with all AF stuff.

But why do I have to pay a 60% premium because I don't want LED fans?

af120, Newegg - Newegg.com

I feel your pain, sometimes pricing is ridiculous but I guess thats the price you have to pay to have the look you are going for. (at least in my case.. haha)

Hi, i'm a little late, however, I have an answer for everyone's question! lol. I'm was shopping for fan replacement earlier today and I came across an article that explained the cost difference.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9737/the-corsair-sp140-led-af140-led-sp120-af120-fan-review/5

"As for the quality and performance of Corsair's fans, we first have to clarify once more that the LED and standard AF and SP fan versions are significantly different. This can also be noticed from the specifications of the fans, as the LED versions appear to have notably inferior performance than their non-LED counterparts. There is a reason why the LED versions are retailing for less. A twin pack of the AF120 LED fan currently retails for $18.40, while the AF120 Quiet Edition Twin Pack retails for $26 and a single fan for $18.20. The standard AF120, SP120 and AF140 fans are of both superior quality and design, plus they are using more expensive engines. By no means the AF140 LED and the SP140 LED are bad fans, but they do not really stand out like the immense static pressure of the SP120 Performance Edition does. If the lighting effect is not a necessity, we would definitely recommend the standard black version of the appropriate fan."

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back