My Corsair F120 is giving me problems. I was using it as the boot drive. It would start up normally then run about 15 to 20 minutes before looking up and crashing with a BSOD. Restarting the computer lead to the drive not being detected. Only after a turning the computer off for 30 seconds and rebooting would the drive be detected again and load the OS. I have had this drive for less than a year.
I ran mem-test on the system memory and found no problems. I switched out SATA cables and tried different ports. I used different power supply connectors and even a newer power supply. Software programs such as Crystal Disk and HD Tune reveled no errors or problems with the disk. Running CHKDSK shows no problems either.
Luckily the drive is still under warranty and I pulled all the data I needed off of it. I want to know if anyone else as had this problem and if it is typical of SSD drives. I was getting great speeds of around 245MB/s with this drive.
My main board is a Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 running 4GB of ram, an Intel Core i5 650, and an AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6950. The OS is Windows 7 Premium 64-bit Edition.
I ran mem-test on the system memory and found no problems. I switched out SATA cables and tried different ports. I used different power supply connectors and even a newer power supply. Software programs such as Crystal Disk and HD Tune reveled no errors or problems with the disk. Running CHKDSK shows no problems either.
Luckily the drive is still under warranty and I pulled all the data I needed off of it. I want to know if anyone else as had this problem and if it is typical of SSD drives. I was getting great speeds of around 245MB/s with this drive.
My main board is a Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 running 4GB of ram, an Intel Core i5 650, and an AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6950. The OS is Windows 7 Premium 64-bit Edition.