Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular Power Supply Review - Are you a "hardcore PC gamer?" A "Performance Enthusiast?" Or "Anybody who appreciates a combination of high performance standards and affordability?" Corsair Enthusiast Series power supplies in 550 watt and 750 watt are reviewed today and we will tell you whether or not we see those as enthusiast PSUs.

Great PSU review as always. I may be in the market for a 600-700W PSU and that 750TX looks good, but you're right about the price. I like buying Corsair, but at ~$120 range the big daddy Seasonic is right there with slightly better and more efficient PSUs.

Great PSU review as always. I may be in the market for a 600-700W PSU and that 750TX looks good, but you're right about the price. I like buying Corsair, but at ~$120 range the big daddy Seasonic is right there with slightly better and more efficient PSUs.

Yeah, I hopped on the Seasonic X-750 deal Newegg had recently. $119.99 and a nice upgrade to replace my aging HX520.

Honestly I don't understand Corsair's product strategy at all. How is this supposed to be different from the AX and HX lines? For that matter, how are AX and HX supposed to be different?

Note that I'm not saying they aren't, but Corsair has never gone out of its way to make very clear what is different and why we should care. At least we know to go with AX for best-of-the-best...

how are AX and HX supposed to be different?

Well.. The difference in general is the level of modularity and 80+ compliance levels. But not sure if you're referring to that or the pricing. I agree that the pricing on some models needs to come down to be competitve in the segments they land in.

it might have more to do with the agreement with CWT. perhaps when they signed up to produce the TX series for corsair it had to stay on the market for a certain amount of time (allowing for slight modifications to keep up with modern demands).

corsair certainly doesn't need the TX lineup anymore. hell with the AX & CX series they already have all the bases covered. the HX and TX can be phased out already.

Back