Corsair Dominator question.

if ur amd go with tighter timing intel is faster speed.

or get the faster speed and underclock it with tighter timings

$610 for 2G of RAM, holy bageeezus!

I've got the Domintator 6400C4D 2x1GB, for $229, and they do 900mhz on my OC'd E6400 running flawlessly at 3.3GHz.

I believe Anandtech did a review last week or so on the 8888 ram...they found it to perform better than anything they had tested previously including the faster memory. Hence the extra $$. Is it worth it for the average user? No. If you want the best? Yes. But as with all new things, next week there will be something newer (ie Corsair 9200 soon to be released). The question I had to ask myself, "What will give me more? 2GB of really fast memory or 4GB of really good memory?"

I believe Anandtech did a review last week or so on the 8888 ram...they found it to perform better than anything they had tested previously including the faster memory. Hence the extra $$. Is it worth it for the average user? No. If you want the best? Yes. But as with all new things, next week there will be something newer (ie Corsair 9200 soon to be released). The question I had to ask myself, "What will give me more? 2GB of really fast memory or 4GB of really good memory?"

We actually skipped 9200 and went straight to 10000.

Our PC10000 part should start shipping very soon.

Back