Corsair Crystal 460X RGB Compact ATX Mid-Tower Case @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Corsair Crystal 460X RGB Compact ATX Mid-Tower Case - What do you do when a window just isn't enough? Corsair believes they have the answer in the Crystal 460X RGB case. The front and side are made of tempered glass giving you the ability to show off your pride and joy. Is it more than just a pretty face? Can the Crystal 460X RGB make a PC enthusiast happy?

As expensive as RGB fans are and as little off as you get for skipping them, you are really better off just getting them with the case...

I was eyeballing the 570x case myself. Think I need an eATX case though if I continue with the 2011-socketish builds.

I have enjoyed mine for the past few months. It was an incredible pain in the ass to cable manage in the back, but in the end, it was worth it. Perfect addition to ride up and down with my custom sit/stand desk.
ZDKe9HG.jpg

It's a solid case. Very well built and the fans look very cool. I did end up returning the one I bought because I stumbled upon the 570X shortly thereafter. The 570X is the nicer of the two cases, with a cleaner and more sleek look. The 460X does beat the 570X due to an included PSU shroud cover. The 570X has it opened and covering the PSU area requires a customized solution.

The included SP120 fans are high quality high static fans, they are just not PWM enabled.

I really do like the looks of the tempered glass, the RGB feature of the fans do nothing for me, red or blue always on looks good though.

I like the way it looks, and nice review! I like the part about the cooling: "From mild to wild"

I think this might be my next case, or, my wife's next case, or both. The only issue is the lack of a drive bay, I still have games on cd/dvd. I guess an external drive isn't a bad investment nowadays.

I like the way it looks, and nice review! I like the part about the cooling: "From mild to wild"

I think this might be my next case, or, my wife's next case, or both. The only issue is the lack of a drive bay, I still have games on cd/dvd. I guess an external drive isn't a bad investment nowadays.

I have a USB external drive, but I still have not used it after a few months. Ditching optical drives really is the way to go these days.

I have a USB external drive, but I still have not used it after a few months. Ditching optical drives really is the way to go these days.

Makes sense. I use it to install games then I usually get a no cd crack. Or I'll image the disk.

I guess it's just me, while I like Corsair cases in general and this one too.
On the glass though, it looks like its just hanging off case, not really fan of this type of glass panels and how its mounted. I think a more integrated glass panel with side panel would be better.

I am actually surprised at how good it cools, would of thought that SLI GPU's would be higher temps than that, performance is good.

looks like i would have issues fitting my artic feezer 240 in the 460x

You wont be able to fit it on the top. I mounted my H100i on the front. There is still about 3-3.5 inches before it runs into my EVGA 1080. your 240 would fit on the front.

Looks like thats the same case as the 570 (but the 570 has RGB fans).

Corsair has three versions, the 460 w/one non RGB fan side panel is glass and the front is glass
the 460X RGB 3 RGB LED fans one side and front glass
the 570X RGB both side panels are glass

I went with the 570X RGB to house my new Ryzen 1600 build:

IMG_20170506_202358292.jpg
IMG_20170506_202543741.jpg
IMG_20170506_203256705.jpg
IMG_20170506_204608716.jpg

I know it's not the 460x under discussion, but i just had to say its bigger sibling the 570x is flippin awesome. Great styling, she really is beautiful, something i would have never before thought of saying about a computer case. If you look at the picture of the back of the case, you will notice a long vertical metal shroud about a third of the way in from the left. This is a clever design detail which covers up most of the mess of cables. My cables could still use a little work, but once you put the glass on, it makes the back of the case look real clean.

I have a Kraken X62 to help complete the light show, but i am waiting on a bracket. I might have to send it back though as i am worried the tube attachments coming out of the X62's pump extend too far and will cover up a memory slot on the K7. Those Trident Z RGBs look best as a bank of 4, and i'm not giving those up. The funny thing is i went into this build not caring much at all about this whole RGB business, but as i kept looking at components, and then seeing them all together in a transparent case, the colors grew on me, and now i'm thinking why wouldn't i want this machine that is with me for hours everyday to look aesthetically pleasing? Now i just have to find a spot up off my floor.

The Ryzen 1600 is running stable at 3.9 GHz on the stock AMD cooler. Haven't dove into increasing my memory speeds yet, they are the 3200 MHz sticks, BIOS has them at 2133 and the XMP doesn't work. I knew this series wasn't on the QVL, but man those memory colors are unreal. Haven't touched the Radeon RX 580 speeds yet either. As the system is now, Civilization VI plays smooth and snappy at the highest settings on everything, and this is before i try it with the Samsung 960 Pro coming on Monday (which i guess may only speed up load times).

Edit: i meant to type 3.8 GHz, it blanked out ot 3.9 GHz on the stock air cooler. it was running at like 75 C on 3.8, and probably i haven't running at that clock long enough to know if that was stable.

As this is my first post, i want to thank Kyle and the rest of the [H]team, as well as the forum community, for making novices like me so much more informed.

Last edited:
Agreed on the Rosewill Cullinan; was looking at one myself before finding a Define Nano S for a steal, and didn't mind going smaller.

Back