Corsair CMPSU-650TX issues

i bought a Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650-Watt for my other pc (C2D E6400 @3.00GHz,MSI P35 Neo2-FR,4GB RAM,9600 GT)

everything worked fine up until this morning when i updated windows and the PC restarted, now all i get is a continuous on-off thing going on, it turns on, spins the fans and shut down.
before i take apart the pc and remove the power supply i thought that i would post here to see if you guys have any thoughts on how i can test if the PSU is FUBAR. i don't want to (and will not) remove my antec 850 from this pc to test the other one. Since im in the Dominican Republic i have no idea how an RMA would work (dont even now if i can RMA) i bought the PSU on Amazon on December 29 and built the PC on Jan 8, so the PSU has not been on more that 30 hours tops :(

well if it does end up being the power supply, corsair has your back for 5 years.

no bios beeps or anything usually indicates a cpu problem...

i tried the clip trick for the PSU and it powers up fine, but as soon as i hook it up to the board i get the light show and it dosent power up...

i guess that my error-free (since about feb 08) system has bit the dust :mad:

well dead cpu's are rare, but ive had 3 dead intel celerons in the last year. they all did that. power on, fans come on, but no other action. if you unplug the cpu power cable, the board wont even turn the fans on... and if you unplug the ram you get bios beeps telling you the ram needs to be there. if your situations are the same, you likely have a cpu that has failed.

Try resetting the CMOS or try removing the ram and test the system with 1 stick of ram at a time.

i just installed my PC Power and Cooling Silencer 370W from my server to the rig, and it booted up like a charm. ******* corsair, now i will have to see how the hell i can get a RMA with them even though im not in the states.....i think it will cost the same to ship the faulty PSU back to them than it will to just buy a new one

i just installed my PC Power and Cooling Silencer 370W from my server to the rig, and it booted up like a charm. ******* corsair, now i will have to see how the hell i can get a RMA with them even though im not in the states.....i think it will cost the same to ship the faulty PSU back to them than it will to just buy a new one

honestly you cannot say **** corsair...

sometimes, you just get a bad part. one product going bad does not represent their quality as a whole.

Back