Corsair Carbide Air 540D Double Wide Case

WorldExclusive

[H]F Junkie
Whoa! Corsair has been infected by Caselabs. A good combo IMO.

Video:
http://hexus.net/tech/news/chassis/56201-corsair-unveils-double-wide-carbide-air-540-chassis/

For the enthusiasts, the Carbide Air 540 is perhaps the most interesting of the two, as Corsair has implemented a double-wide design that prioritises front-to-back airflow above all else. The extra width enables Corsair to locate the PSU, hard drives, and airflow-restricting cables behind the motherboard and out of the way of the air being funnelled by intake and exhaust fans.

Release Date: Late July 2013
Price: $139 US

Product Page:

http://www.corsair.com/pc-cases/car...eries-air-540-high-airflow-atx-cube-case.html

kZmyKq0.png

VNxU8VL.png

KgcgdFW.png

Last edited:
looks interesting. Not much alu or powder black paint, so how can it be a caselabs... to bad.

looks interesting. Not much alu or powder black paint, so how can it be a caselabs... to bad.

Doesn't make business sense to compete with Caselabs when producing a large volume of cases.
It's like a Caselabs not that it is one. More people will buy this simply because of the price point. $139.

A comparable M8 starts at $399 without the much needed upgrades and accessories.

I actually, like the look of it. I watched the video, but didn't see a window. I wonder if that is an option. Comes in at a decent price too. But for me, I already committed to a 350D (comes in today!). But who knows, I could build another PC. :D

Edit: oh I see that in the pictures there is a window. A rather huge one. hmmm...I'll be keeping an eye on this.

i would have pickted this up instead of my recent prodigy build. looks amazing

Doesn't make business sense to compete with Caselabs when producing a large volume of cases.
It's like a Caselabs not that it is one. More people will buy this simply because of the price point. $139.

A comparable M8 starts at $399 without the much needed upgrades and accessories.

still, the case looked like it was made out of complete plastic. (maybe it is). Would be nice to have a similar paint job, all though i completely agree about the two different market.

still, the case looked like it was made out of complete plastic. (maybe it is). Would be nice to have a similar paint job, all though i completely agree about the two different market.

I think this will be a super popular case and a more high-end version like the 900D would be awesome.

Actually this is a Carbide Series case, not an Obsidian series, so the plastic is excusable here.

Last edited:
This is the Carbide Series Air 540, not an Obsidian. Otherwise most of the comments are correct.

That Corsair case looks pretty damn ugly.. Got nothin on a CaseLabs case but I suppose it'll be cheaper and some people will buy it. I hope no one will buy it cause its butt ugly..

Just when I think I have a case all picked out Corsair goes and throws me a curve ball. I will need to do some more research but this case looks interesting.

This is the Carbide Series Air 540, not an Obsidian. Otherwise most of the comments are correct.

Fantastic looking case. Good work by all of you there. By the way, any word on when 900Ds will be a little more available?

The more I look at it, the more I like it. I think I may have to pick one of these up (hopefully to keep :D). Yeah....yeah, I'm gonna have to. ;)

[strike=]Redbeard (or anyone)....any word on whether the dust filters are removable? (hopefully easily?)
I was going to ask if it had them, but the product page says it does...no word on removable or not though.[/s]

Last edited:
That is the worst Corsair case to date. WTH are they thinking?

Looks like they raped a Chieftec Dragon with a Case Labs M8

Very nice and at a great price point for someone interested in this style of case
Could lead to some very clean and interesting builds at a lower cost then picking other cases like it.
Nice Job!

This case is sexy as fuck. This will be my next purchase, along with a new Corsair water cooling kit (currently using a custom water cooling setup). Looks like it can make a very nice, clean install. Of course, I may need to do some other upgrades, too! ;)

Still, I love the look of this case. Elegant, sexy, functional and just ... neat.

^I really do agree the more i look at this case the more I want it.
I think this case with one of there AIO coolers would make for a very clean build.
140mm fans through out...SWEET!

The more I look at it, the more I like it. I think I may have to pick one of these up (hopefully to keep :D). Yeah....yeah, I'm gonna have to. ;)

Redbeard (or anyone)....any word on whether the dust filters are removable? (hopefully easily?)
I was going to ask if it had them, but the product page says it does...no word on removable or not though.

Watch the HexUs video. It's a one piece magnetic filter located behind the front bezel.

i really do like the layout of the case a lot... but the outside aesthetics and material are too much of a turn off to look past.

Looks like a great case. I'm a bit disappointed by the minimal amount of hard drive bays though. So much room in the second compartment, and only two 5.25 bays and a couple ssds.

Looks like a great case. I'm a bit disappointed by the minimal amount of hard drive bays though. So much room in the second compartment, and only two 5.25 bays and a couple ssds.

[Somewhat] same....was hoping to see at least 2 3.5" bays on the back since I'm still using 2 of them. I think having them on the main side will look funny.

My preference would have been 2 2.5", 2 3.5" and 2 5.5" (minimum), again on the back side.
I think 4 2.5" and 0 3.5" is a bit odd.

Great bang for the buck. Nice to see Corsair mixing things up a bit.

At first glance, I dismissed the 540 out of hand since I'm a full tower fan. But a second look and reading the reviews has convinced me this is an outstanding case that should sell quite well. I LOVE the "pull off" magnetic filters and all that room! I'm now looking for a reason to buy one of these guys to go with my Cosmos II and NZXT Phantom 820.

i would love to add this and the 350d to my collection. wife is still wondering why i spent so much on the 900d

Back