Corsair AX850 possible problem

daro2096

Limp Gawd
Sometimes when I switch on my computer it will post and then power will be cut off and then about 5 seconds later the psu turns on again and the computer boots as normal.

This has happened about 2 or 3 times in the month since I got this.

Something wrong, do I need to RMA it?

might be a mobo setting.

this was occurring for me with "PLL Overvoltage" enabled (4.6ghz @ 1.32v). Turning PLL Overvoltage off resolved this for me.

See sig for rig specs.

mine has never done this - that's not to say that anything detrimental is happening to your machine. you don't have a sig giving your specs, are you running a sandy bridge processor? it sounds an awful lot like the 'double cold-boot' issue many people were seeing with early mobo BIOS revisions.

Yup, Sandybridge system. Odd, I seem to see my sig just fine. In any case, it's a 2600k tied to a MSI p67-gd65.

Initially I thought it was the 'double cold boot' issue as well, however, I found out that turning off PLL Overvoltage got rid of this quirk.

Sounds like you got a ground problem in your case. Make sure there's nothing from the board making contact with your case.

We can see your sig joker331, Porter was talking about OP.

Yeah, overclocking can do all sorts of weird things to your system, not just instability alone.

Gigabyte X58 motherboard

2 AMD 5750 graphics cards in crossfire

The cpu is a socket 1366 at 3ghz.

1tb hdd.

Back