Corsair AX850 Gold Fully Modular PSU $130 AR

I own this piece.

The first one i received had a noisy transistor/fan bearing right out of the gate. I called Corsair, was greeted by a real person who spoke English, they immediately rma'd it, Corsair was very good about it, cross shipped me a new one(not refurbished, brand new in a retail box)and the gal on the phone told me to keep the extra box of cables, for me to send just the defective psu back.

It's going on 2 years and this psu has been flawless. Solid products, and solid customer service. This has my 110% stamp of approval.

Thanks OP.

Love my ax850 never had any problems with it and the modular cables really help with wire management.

This is the best PSU I have ever owned. It's extremely efficient and can definitely handle your power hungry crossfire/SLI setup.

I noticed the fan does not spin when you first turn it on. After I looked at the box I noted that was normal.

+1 on this hardware being top notch.

Running it in my main rig - and it's like a rock. Bonus in that it's SILENT 90% of the time. The only time the fan kicks on is when it's doing some real work, other than that, its kept off because it's THAT GOD DAMN GOOD.

I paid 200 for it - and it was worth every penny.

I don't think I have ever heard the fan spin on mine. :)
It's a solid PS and virtually silent. This is one of the few remaining power supplies that still uses the high quality Sanyo Denki fans.

I don't think I have ever heard the fan spin on mine. :)
It's a solid PS and virtually silent. This is one of the few remaining power supplies that still uses the high quality Sanyo Denki fans.

Yes the fan is awesome, as this design is made by Seasonic..I recently got the Seasonic X-850, which uses an updated design that Corsair hasn't switched to yet. The X850 goes on sale every month or so, I got mine for $109 and love it..My old Corsair TX850W was easily 4-5 times louder then the X850...

The Seasonic X850 for $110 was better ;) but still pretty good regardless.

heres another guy saying its a great piece of hardware. flawless.

I love mine. Hm. Can't seem to delete this. I've got the HX850, not the AX, but I still love it.

Why not get the Seasonic X850 which goes on sale for $100-$110 somewhat frequently? Isn't it identical to this unit from Corsair?

Back