Corsair Adds Cooling Fans to Product Line

Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the new Air Series™ line of PC cooling fans. Unlike most other PC fans in the market, Corsair Air Series fans are offered in airflow and static pressure models, each specifically optimized for specific PC cooling roles.

Air Series fans are designed to deliver an extraordinary balance of airflow and low-noise to users who want to upgrade their PCs for quieter operation or higher performance. All feature an advanced hydraulic bearing system and rubber mounts for low-noise and reliability, and include red, white, and blue color rings to allow users to customize the look of their PC.

Figures this would happen six weeks after I purchase three Cougar Vortex 120mms and two Cougar Vortex 140mms. :( I wonder what I could get for them here on the forums.... :/

I'm eagerly awaiting some more reviews.

P.S.
Thank you Redbeard, Corsair, and you wonderful Corsair engineers for continuing to bring us these quality products while somehow still keeping them aesthetically pleasing. The attention to detail and continued dedication you show in pleasing your customers (how many other companies have people such as Redbeard, who REALLY know what's going on, making such a presence in so many PC forum?) is what keeps me coming back to the company time and time again.

Figures this would happen six weeks after I purchase three Cougar Vortex 120mms and two Cougar Vortex 140mms. :( I wonder what I could get for them here on the forums.... :/

I'm eagerly awaiting some more reviews.

Don't assume that the Corsair fans are in fact better than the Cougar's. We need to see independent testing to know the answers to those questions. You may have bought the best, after all.

Don't assume that the Corsair fans are in fact better than the Cougar's. We need to see independent testing to know the answers to those questions. You may have bought the best, after all.

Of course. :) Like I said I'm eagerly awaiting some reviews. I'm hoping "martinsliquidlab.org" gets a few for rad testing. Then from there I'll be looking for some solid reviews testing their open air cfm and noise. If anyone gets some links to some reviews soon, please feel free to send them my way.

Actually... I guess we'll have to find another unbiased tester to see their rad performance as Martin seems to have retired two weeks ago. :( Sad day.

got two 140s and two 120 sp high performance in today. going to be installing them in the next hour or so and we will see how they compare to cougar vortex's. they seem a good build quality though from looking at the pics i assumed the fan front with the rings was engraved with a painted on logo but the whole part is just a sticker rings and all. was a little disappointing but by no means diminishes my opinions of the fan. the cords are a tad on the short side as well.

here are temp changes after running for 20 mins at full speed. i have since reduced speed to about 60% on all my fans and temps have not risen at all, they would have risen by a few degrees with the cougars.

before:
29ztqf4.jpg

after:
jptv07.png

Hah, Corsair is steadily just taking over the world it seems. They are certainly doing a good job of taking over my input devices and quite a few case internals now. If they would only design a nice solid aluminum case with some decent paint options like Lian-li.

Thank you my-name-here for the info.

Guess I'll save up a bit more and try and grab a couple of these along with that Vengeance c70 case.

Back