• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair 800D SATA 3 backplane

Claw5

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Feb 11, 2002
Messages
163
Getting ready to replace my P6T V2 Deluxe with a more modern board in my 800D.
I never upgraded to the SATA 3 backplane (or the USB 3 front panel) while Corsair still had them available.
Will the original backplane limit the speed of my drives to SATA 2 specs?
I would rather not connect the drives directly to the new board, as I do use the hot swap feature occasionally.
Thanks!
 
I didn't know this was even a thing. Guess I got lucky with mine.
 
Yeah- apparently the later ones shipped with the SATA 3 and USB 3.0 installed. Now, finding either upgrade kit for an older case is near impossible.
 
I have the 800D with the SATA3 backplane. They had for a while the backplane upgrade for purchase in the corsair store. I should have bought one when they were available but didn't.
 
Back
Top