Corsair 700D owners chime in

qdemn7

Supreme [H]ardness
I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a 700D. Current system going into the case will be:

MSI Big Bang XPower
I7 930
6 x 2GB Patriot DDR3-1600
GTX260 / 8800GT
Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 / W0133RU (modular version)
OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD
4 standard hard drives
2 optical drives
Lamptron FC-2 fan controller

(1) My main concern is will I need extensions for the Toughpower’s cables? ModRight’s Single Braid cables look very nice, and I plan to use them as necessary. The type and quantity needed would be appreciated.

(2) I will install an external water cooling loop later. Can some measure the diameter of the pass-through holes, without the grommets? I’m planning on using Koolance VL4N quick disconnects and they are 1” in diameter. So I need to know if they fit through the pass-through holes.

(3) I have plenty of 120mm fans, and will outfit the case with as many as I can. Will use fan extensions to run to the Lamptron FC-2 Fan controller.

Any advice or opinions are welcome, and appreciated.

The 800D comes with an extension for the 24-pin motherboard power and 8-pin CPU power, so there's not really any need to worry about that as I assume the 700D will also include them.

I'm not home right now but I can measure the water holes for you tomorrow

The 800D comes with an extension for the 24-pin motherboard power and 8-pin CPU power, so there's not really any need to worry about that as I assume the 700D will also include them.
The XPower has TWO 8 pin connectors, so I'll need at least 1 more. Thanks.

I'm not home right now but I can measure the water holes for you tomorrow
OK thanks.

not counting the grommet the opening is about 13/16" - 7/8". Pretty close to a inch.

OK, thanks. Well that isn't big enough for the QD. Have to widen the holes.

Maybe get thinner grommets? the holes themselves are probably at least an inch. I'd measure again but the case is boxed up downstairs in storage, still gathering parts for it.

Maybe get thinner grommets? the holes themselves are probably at least an inch. I'd measure again but the case is boxed up downstairs in storage, still gathering parts for it.
Maybe removing the grommets completely might be enough.

Back