Corsair: 650D

Installed the mesh insert this evening, with a 200mm fan blowing air onto the video card. Lowered VC temps by about 10C while adding no noticeable noise. The 580 fan never even spins up loud during gaming.

Would call this panel a win.

Thanks would love to see it before the free shipping ends....Either way I should prob order it just so I have it.

I changed my 200mm fan to 4 x 120mm fans and my GPUS run way much cooler now.

Corsair_650D_Side_Mesh_003.JPG

hzpcE.jpg

Does anyone know the exact size for the side mesh panel so I can order a filter from demciflex?

I changed my 200mm fan to 4 x 120mm fans and my GPUS run way much cooler now.

How much cooler? Like $80 worth of fans cooler? My CF 6970's have some major temp issues (If I was to switch top and bottom, the new top one would regularly break 104C. At the moment, they both peak at about 95C or so), but my mesh panel shows up sometime next week.

And what's your overall fan config? At the moment, without the mesh panel, I have front 200mm in, back 120mm in, top 2*140mm out, and CPU cooler in push-pull config, pointing up and away from the vid cards.

Also, does anyone know how to change out the power and HDD LED's for something that's not quite as bright? At the moment, it's in my dorm room and it lights up the entire room in a piercing white light if I leave it on overnight.

How much cooler? Like $80 worth of fans cooler? My CF 6970's have some major temp issues (If I was to switch top and bottom, the new top one would regularly break 104C. At the moment, they both peak at about 95C or so), but my mesh panel shows up sometime next week.

And what's your overall fan config? At the moment, without the mesh panel, I have front 200mm in, back 120mm in, top 2*140mm out, and CPU cooler in push-pull config, pointing up and away from the vid cards.

Also, does anyone know how to change out the power and HDD LED's for something that's not quite as bright? At the moment, it's in my dorm room and it lights up the entire room in a piercing white light if I leave it on overnight.

I went from 70c on load to 62c on load with the mesh with both GPU's. I have as total of 10 fans in my case its kinda modded. Front 1 x 200mm, 1 x 120mm on HD tie wrapped + 1 x 120mm in front, 4 x on the sidemesh, 2 x 120mm on top for exhaust and 1 x 120mm as exhaust. I have lots of airflow now!

Here is a pic for example:
PC_Pics_Halloween_2011_001.JPG

I also ordered two filters from demciflex, one for the top piece exhaust and one for the side panel mesh will post pics once it arrives.

In this case is it best to run the CPU HS/F running up and down like that or side to side. I set mine up for push/pull out the back of the case but I could redo it if its better the other way.

Im only going to be running 1 GPU I will have a X-FI Tit HD sound card down there though.

I did end up grabbing the mesh I havent quite finished my build yet so I will prob wait to see how it performs with the window in there before I switch the mesh in. If it stays cool enough I will prob leave the window in just to keep dust out and for the looks. Mesh with 4 fans on the sides means I can see all my sexy gear :)

I just ordered this case and have a few questions. I chose this case because I like the window and clean sleek exterior lines, reminds me of my old Lian-Li case, but probably better quality. I know it's probably one of the worst cases for air cooled systems but I'm getting it regardless.

I want to replace the front 200mm with a Cooler Master Megaflow 200mm x 30mm and I know I would need to move both hard drive bays, but I am wondering if the screws would fit. I want a red LED front fan, and was looking at the Xigmatek 200mm as well. The Xigmatek is same dimensions as the Corsair 200mm x 20mm, but it doesn't pull as much air as the Megaflow on paper. Is there a big difference between Xigmatek and Megaflow? Preferably, I don't want to move the HD bays next to the PSU, but if the Megaflow is much better than the Xigmatek, I would need to.

Also, can someone tell me what the little bump is under the lower HD cage when removed? Hard for me to tell from videos and pictures.

I am going to be running CF 6970 reference models so I know it'll get really, really hot.

If I get the Xigmatek for the front, meaning I don't need to move the drive bays, can I mount additional 120mm fans onto the bays like the 400R or 500R?

Last edited:
I just got the case and installed 2 megaflows in front and top I dont see how the Xigma can come close to pushing as much air as these. Even if Xigma rated theres for lower cfm then it does and CM rated theres higher then it did I cant believe it could equal anywhere near a 35 cfm difference. Comparing the fins on the Megaflow to the Corsair ones is quite different as well they just have so more surface area to push air with.

Not sure one the bump under the drive bay I will have to look at that later and reply on it if no one gets to it before me.

For the 120mm fans on the drive bay question you can see that the guy above zip tied some 120's to his drive bays from the look of it he could have done it with the bays there or not there. Problem is living with ghetto rigged fans right there...(No Offense of course Anth0789 I think it looks good still and am actually looking into the idea myself.)

On that note Anth0789 with them being zip tied right there is there any vibrations from the fans or any extra noise made by that setup?

Thanks mombo, very helpful.

I guess I'll pick up two megaflows for the front and top then. Did you have any problems mounting the front fan and did you move both drive bays?

I did move both drive bays and moved one to the middle so its in front of the psu there is a slot for it to slide in at. I only plan on having 3 drives so I didnt search for a way to put the other bay in. I dont think you can though without extra modding.

As for mounting the new Megaflows super easy. It took me a minute to figure out how to take the face plate off but once I realized how to do it its actually easier to take off then any other case ive owned.

On that note Anth0789 with them being zip tied right there is there any vibrations from the fans or any extra noise made by that setup?

Nope not any vibration noise since the fan doesn't run at full speed it runs by temp with a sensor.

I just installed my mesh panel with 4 x 120mm and my GPU temps dropped about 5-7° C. To me it is a little louder, but my 650D has never been a quiet case really. I think cutting out the grill in front of the bottom front fan would make the case a little quieter.

I'm really digging the mesh side, I'm glad I didn't buy the 600T now that it's installed.

Even with dual GPUs and OCed CPUs, the 650D with the stock window panel is quite enough to keep them cool. Of course with the mesh panel it will even be better but not necessarily needed, considering the added cost. It is more of a "Peace of Mind" kinda thing for enthusiast who just wants every single drop of temperature on their system. OCD probably (like me lol)?

Does everyone have there cpu hs/f installed vertically shooting air out the top or sideways shooting out the back?

I had a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ with dual fans exhausting out the back. Now I have a H100 and it's , of course, exhausting upward. Why do you ask?

I am just finishing my build last part arrive tomorrow mourning. I have it set up to exhaust out the back now I just wanted to know if I should change it now before I get it all completed and started on testing it.

Going to get a DVD drive and want the color to match the front panel of the 650D. Looking at the $20 ASUS DVD drive, should be no problem fitting without gaps in between and close enough matching color scheme?

Going to get a DVD drive and want the color to match the front panel of the 650D. Looking at the $20 ASUS DVD drive, should be no problem fitting without gaps in between and close enough matching color scheme?

I was a little worried about this as well but I don't have any issues. I have a cheap DVD drive (Lite-on, I think) and it fits in there nice and snug. The black matches pretty well, too.

Redbeard, thanks a lot for the assistance. There may be hope for me after all. Please tell Kelvin that I appreciated him listening.

i don't really know which case to get.
i'm deciding between the corsair 650d, 600t black or white and the 550r in black or white.

I've been really happy with my new build in my 650D. I'm running 2x 5850s in CF and I haven't had any temperature problems (that I've noticed anyway.) I don't OC my video cards though.

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

BTW I am starting to feel like a Corsair fanboy...my RAM, PSU, case, cooler, hell, even my headset is all Corsair...

For people wondering what is the measurements of the 650D mesh it is: 11.5" x 13.75" - 290mm x 350mm

I just ordered one from DEMCiflex.

SO. TEMPTING. Do you think I'd see a different in case temps if I got this? I have a CM Storm Scout now.

Will we have USB 3.0 Mobo Header adapters before LGA2011 debuts? George? for the 650D? can we just order the cabling online from the Corsair website?

And will there be a Dominator GT heatsink long extension red for the 2011 Quad Kits?

thanks George! Stay cool man!

has anybody fit both the h100 and the 200mm fan in the top fan spot? i was thinking of using the two 120mm fans as push and find some long machine screws and use the 200mm as a pull. Is there enough room in the case? does the h100 rad block those specific screw holes?

I don't think that will work. the mounting holes for the H100 will go through the fan blade area. I just placed the 200mm fan I removed over the H100 that is installed and and it really doesn't fit.

i actually like the newer style of the 800Dwhen i was looking at this and the 800, there was not much difference than the size and the bays, other than that they seemed exactly alike, but this is one sweet mid tower case, very sexy and nice, as for the 800, it is one hell of a case, i just wish they would have color led options when purchasing a case, this bad boy with red LED...MHM!!!

My first build ever. Need to work on the cable management in the back because the wires are sort of pushing the side panel out a little bit, but I am happy.

Back