Corsair: 650D

I guess I just don't understand or maybe the 800D is different from the 700D is that matter, but I have tons of room in there and don't understand where else there could be space added? plus my 700D hold way more HDDs then I want, I run a SSD and a single HDD so but sure they could have added a few more where the middle 140mm fan goes.

with my 700D I run a loop for my graphics cards and have a H50 that will soon be replaced with an additional loop. I think there is enough room in there for 2-3 loops easy.

Again I have seen the other cases(TJ07, 800D), but never have had experience with them, just have touched them and seen them in person. and have all the experience needed now with my 700D and I love it, why I am amazing by how much trash is being thrown at it :(

The interior space on the 800D/700D was intentional to accommodate large watercooling components internally. The top can house a super-thick 360 radiator and push-pull fans without encroaching on the motherboard area, and the bottom cage can easily be drilled out for a super thick 240mm radiator.

We're looking at making that easier and more efficient on future models though.

The issue is not that the case is spacious, the case is spacious, the problem is that it's too spacious, and that simply may deter others from the case (that have no intention of having the amazon river built within the PC). Dont worry, just enjoy your 700D :p

it can house a triple down low with the right PSU. very few cases can house this kind of RAD surface area internally.. no one should be bickering about large water cooling in this 650D. if you want water, get a case that was designed for it like the 700/800D

GEDC0074.jpg

Well you know how to state your opinion that is for sure.

All the reasons you say you hate the Obsidian cases is all the reasons I love them

Plain and simple is what I like, I like how they don't have rounded corners... I think the 600T is the ugliest case because of the front and top.

I like the clean, smooth face and sides, no extra anything that is worthless and ugly looking.

I don't have any experience with the TJ07 but I am sure it is a nice case too, you paid what $400+ for it.

I paid $140 free shipping for my 700D, I just cant imagine paying $400+ for a case.

you claim too that the 700/800D is to big?

facts
TJ07 = 22.24" x 8.66" x 22.05"
700/800D = 24.00" x 9.00" x 24.00"

You can notice less than half a inch wider and less than 2" in either direction?

you are a funny man or you just have something out for the 800D.

There's nothing wrong with stating my opinon, especially when I stated it as a "I feel" statement rather than a blanket "it is" statement. I too think the 600T is ugly, but not just because of rounded corners. I'm not sure where you get the $400 figure for the TJ07, as they're easily $100 less than that.

Although the size difference might "seem small" looking at each side's dimensions, but the 800D is 937cubic in larger than the TJ07, and doesn't as easily fit a 480 radiator. Now i'm not completely happy with the TJ07's airflow scheme either, but i'd take it over the 800D's any day.

I felt the space within the tower is efficiently used up, but with the 800D, there is alot of extra wasted space

Spot on. I use 38mm thick fans in push-pull, shrouds when I can, and a thick radiator. Not to many cases will accomodate this internally.

The interior space on the 800D/700D was intentional to accommodate large watercooling components internally. The top can house a super-thick 360 radiator and push-pull fans without encroaching on the motherboard area, and the bottom cage can easily be drilled out for a super thick 240mm radiator.

We're looking at making that easier and more efficient on future models though.

Any plans on manufacturing reverse ATX cases?

I just read through this thread and I'm amazed by some of the comments...

How do you people not realize that the 650D IS a 600T only with the Obsidian style shell ?????

One post was hoping for SR-2 compatibility, others are wondering about the watercooling possibilities...

If you want to know about the 650D, just look at the 600T. Same chassis, different shell. That's it, that's all.

I too got excited when I read the headline, only to be disappointed to see that it's just a 600T in drag.

EDIT: The only difference that we can see is the top 200mm fan looks to be a bit further rearward, which is a good thing. Oh and the fan controller...Yay...Whatever. :rolleyes:

EDIT #2: I should note that there is also an SSD hot swap bay up top now. Great for those of you who hot swap drives, useless for the rest of the world who install a drive and keep it there. (as per my next post)

Last edited:

EDIT: The only difference that we can see is the top 200mm fan looks to be a bit further rearward, which is a good thing. Oh and the fan controller...Yay...Whatever. :rolleyes:

That was my only issue with the 600T... the way it looked... :p

I should note that there is also an SSD hot swap bay up top now. Great for those of you who hot swap drives, useless for the rest of the world who install a drive and keep it there.

That was my only issue with the 600T... the way it looked... :p

I like both series in terms of looks. Both have nice clean lines. Nothing aggressive like the CoolerMaster HAF series which I really dislike.

Jesus H Christ there are not enough devices in my house to clean up the load I just blew over this thing. IT IS AWESOME.

Room for a 200MM RAD at the top, lots of places to hide cables, nice hard drive placement. The only problem is that window, get rid of the rubber and mount it with rivits or something, but other then that, my prayers have been answered. THIS is definitely my next case!

Wow, this case looks amazing. I love my 800D but it is pretty gigantic, this looks like it might be just the right size.

I originally wanted the 800D when it came out, the 700D was interesting, the 600T was the ugliest thing I ever saw. But I knew they had more coming, it was inevitable. The 650D is beautiful. I think I am going to sell my Antec 1200 for this and switch everything.
Anyone want an Antec 1200? ^_^

Corsair, please consider a redesign of the window panel, making it flush like the 800D if it's not too late
thanks

Corsair, please consider a redesign of the window panel, making it flush like the 800D if it's not too late
thanks

Honestly the whole panel needs a face lift. Flush window and no handles.
The panel gives a gamer machine look to the case. Omit please.

Last edited:

How do you people not realize that the 650D IS a 600T only with the Obsidian style shell ?????

One post was hoping for SR-2 compatibility, others are wondering about the watercooling possibilities...

If you want to know about the 650D, just look at the 600T. Same chassis, different shell. That's it, that's all.

I too got excited when I read the headline, only to be disappointed to see that it's just a 600T in drag.

EDIT #2: I should note that there is also an SSD hot swap bay up top now. Great for those of you who hot swap drives, useless for the rest of the world who install a drive and keep it there. (as per my next post)

Theres only so much you can do given a mid tower form factor, I think they got it spot on internally at least, and alot of us were complaining about the 600T going the opposite direction that we wanted it to. (water cooling, omit the fan controller (though i like this one), and a 800D look but without the gargantuon)
My only personal complaint was the inability to run a 240 rad on the bottom like you can with a CM690
I guess there was enough of us out there that corsair decided it was a good idea to produce it.

How many companies can you speak of that listen to and communicate to consumers like corsair?

Is the hot swap bay on top really nessecary?

I'm not sure what you mean by this - necessary is in the eyes of the beholder. It's certainly handy - basically it turns any old hard drive you have into a portable hard drive. It can be very useful.

I swapped out the hard drive in my PS3 for a Force 120 SSD, and I use the old PS3 hard drive as a portable hard drive now, copying data back and forth from different machines at work using a couple of docks. If the docks were built into the cases it just makes it a bit less stressful.

As for the 600T and 650D being nearly identical inside, it's because they're built off the same skeleton.

There's a reason for this - tooling up the skeleton of a computer case is extraordinarily expensive and you can't get always amortize the tooling costs over a single case, because people have different tastes. Some people want the Graphite look, others want the Obsidian look. The additional cost of the hot-swap bay and the aluminum front panel make the Obsidian version a bit more expensive, but otherwise they're largely similar feature-wise.

Also, the 650D has slightly better cooling due to improved 200mm fans and the fan controller has more range.

WHO cares they are the same on the inside

The outside is completely different.

The 600T is UGLY

The 650D is clean and nice. But the window molding needs to be changed, I agree.

Redbeard, I own the H50, with this case, is it still recommended to use the H50 as an intake in the rear of the case with the 650D? :p
:edit: Also, I think the white "Storm Trooper Edition" 600T was smart, it looks a billion times better, and has a window on it. I like this version much more than the original.

Redbeard, I own the H50, with this case, is it still recommended to use the H50 as an intake in the rear of the case with the 650D? :p
:edit: Also, I think the white "Storm Trooper Edition" 600T was smart, it looks a billion times better, and has a window on it. I like this version much more than the original.

To be honest it really depends on how many GPUs you're running. More GPUs = more heat dumped into the case and more need for exhaust.

With a single GPU I'd still run the H50/H60/H70 as an intake, with two or three maybe making it an exhaust would be smarter.

Haven't had the time to do extensive multi-gpu testing yet, the only two 650Ds in the world are at CES this wek.

Cool. Thanks for the quick reply! Seriously though, I am pretty much set on dumping my Antec 1200 for this, and my brother is considering getting rid of his Antec 902 for it. I think you guys did an excellent job on the insides for these cases, and the 650D has an outward appearance I enjoy. Well done!
I am sad its not readily available yet :)

With how large the obsidian cases are i would love to see the ability to mount 2 large rads internally with no mods.

I pretty much had to buy a CM 840 because it is one of the only cases that will fit a triple and dual rad (internally) at the same time with no modding.

I Love the Obsidian CM and black interiors but I'm not [H] enough to go cutting chunks out of $300+ cases. I would have far preferred an obsidian if it met my needs :(

I'm not sure what you mean by this - necessary is in the eyes of the beholder. It's certainly handy - basically it turns any old hard drive you have into a portable hard drive. It can be very useful.

I swapped out the hard drive in my PS3 for a Force 120 SSD, and I use the old PS3 hard drive as a portable hard drive now, copying data back and forth from different machines at work using a couple of docks. If the docks were built into the cases it just makes it a bit less stressful.

I agree with this, however, is there a market for this? Having an external hot-swap bay? Those of us who use external drives have them in external enclosures, and those of us who do swap HDDs on a regular basis probably have and/or could get desktop hot-swap docks for less than $20. How is that bay connected to the PC, via USB2, 3 or SATA?

I just find it strange and somewhat unnecessary to have such a niche component on such a mainstream case.

I agree with this, however, is there a market for this? Having an external hot-swap bay? Those of us who use external drives have them in external enclosures, and those of us who do swap HDDs on a regular basis probably have and/or could get desktop hot-swap docks for less than $20. How is that bay connected to the PC, via USB2, 3 or SATA?

I just find it strange and somewhat unnecessary to have such a niche component on such a mainstream case.

Hooks right up the SATA port and a power connector.

Even though I don't hot swap regularly, I am the guy the family goes to for PC fixes, and I've found myself almost buying a SATA-to-USB dock just for that reason.

Redbeard, why not use the same window design as on the 800D? I certainly think that design is much more aesthetically pleasing. I'm guessing since the 650D is smaller, you guys are mounting the window like that to allow for the bigger air-coolers to fit in the 650D? Also is it using the same plastic hdd trays as the 600T? And since this the 650D does not have the same bulge kind of design as the 600T, why not put a button on the back of the case to remove the side panels as on the 800D and 700D? Much more aesthetically pleasing and nearly as intuitive and easy to use as those handles you have there on the 650D and 600T.

Also, what's the prognosis on stealth dvd covers? Do you guys plan on looking into them? Plastic dvd drives next to aluminum just don't look very good to me. I'm using an external dvd drive just because of that on my FT02.

Will there be an option to pick up the 650D without the window and latches? A plain panel would be nice here.

Will there be an option to pick up the 650D without the window and latches? A plain panel would be nice here.

I totally agree. I hate windows and if this case will be available without it it may very well be my next case.

The case has already been pictured on the website so I'm fairly sure that it is pretty much in production by now. Even if you could get the side panel without the window, the latches are there to stay - they're not going to redesign the entire side panel closing mechanism just for a non-windowed panel. But feel free to dream on guys.

I don't care about the latches. I just don't want a window. I would think they would at least sell a non window version of the side panel as an accessory.

Is there any way you guys can squeeze in a 360 or possibly a 240 on the bottom? Im sure thats a feature that wouldnt require too much retooling and one that all of us would be happy to shell out for.

I'd take one with a mesh window that I could put 1-2 120mm fans behind to blow on my video card and ram area.

I saw the 650D at CES this week, it's nice! I also liked the white "Stormtrooper" style 650T, as well as the new H60 cooler. Really good stuff at Corsair this year!

Back