Corsair 620W and 8-Pin PCIe

covertash

Gawd
Hey guys!

I read this article (http://www.legitreviews.com/article/462/1/) a while back where at the bottom there was mention of Corsair working on 8-pin PCIe connectors for their current iteration of PSUs. This will become particularly important when the R600's will be released in the near future. :cool:

Anyone have any info in regards to this? And whether if it will be a cable that is available for purchase or something you can call Corsair up to have them send to you? I know a Corsair rep frequents these boards so if he or she can chime in that would be wonderful as well.

My only hope is to be able to just run one of the upcoming cards in my current system without changing out my PSU again. :D

Thanks!

Yes they could do it...but you are probably going to have to ask Corsair though about progress on it. RedBeard is the Corsair rep here so drop him a pm.

This is the first I've heard about this. Outside of the 8-pin I haven't even seen these dual modular cable allowing for 4 pci-e connectors (the corsair only has two). But if the story is true, thats awesome.

Yes they could do it...but you are probably going to have to ask Corsair though about progress on it. RedBeard is the Corsair rep here so drop him a pm.

No need.

If you need an 8-pin PCI-E cable for an 8800GTX, please email our customer service department with exactly which cable(s) you need and we'll make sure to get them out to you. Usually there's a small shipping fee but the cables are free.

I have some prototype samples that have both an 8-pin and 6-pin on them, these cables are not the flat black type, but are standard "sleeved" cables. I also have some standard 8-pin in the flat black type, too.

I don't have a ton of these so please only send a message if you need the cables. We'll be releasing some new products later this year that will take care of this issue for most people.

Customer service is: [email protected]

No need.

If you need an 8-pin PCI-E cable for an 8800GTX, please email our customer service department with exactly which cable(s) you need and we'll make sure to get them out to you. Usually there's a small shipping fee but the cables are free.

I have some prototype samples that have both an 8-pin and 6-pin on them, these cables are not the flat black type, but are standard "sleeved" cables. I also have some standard 8-pin in the flat black type, too.

I don't have a ton of these so please only send a message if you need the cables. We'll be releasing some new products later this year that will take care of this issue for most people.

Customer service is: [email protected]

Thanks so much for your response! :cool:

I won't be needing the cables immediately as I would like to wait until I make my purchase for the new video card later this summer. However, it is very reassuring to know that I have the option to be able to expand (so to speak) the capabilities of my power supply, and knowing that I didn't make the wrong choice in my purchase! :D

Thanks again!

Do the current 620hx's (the ones on sale) come with these cables?

No, there's a 4-6 week lead time due to shipping and manufacturing issues. So if we changed it today, the ones on the market wouldn't have these cables in the box until June sometime.

It will be changed eventually, but until then if you buy one and want the cables just contact us and we'll hook you up.

By "sale" I was referring to the 620hx that are being sold right now. Sorry for not being clear. But I did see something in the [H]ot Deals forum about the 620hx going for under $120 after rebate.

No, there's a 4-6 week lead time due to shipping and manufacturing issues. So if we changed it today, the ones on the market wouldn't have these cables in the box until June sometime.

It will be changed eventually, but until then if you buy one and want the cables just contact us and we'll hook you up.

Do you send those into EU aswell?

Hi,

I too would like to know if I can get these in the EU/UK. I have just ordered a Corsair HX power supply (its not even been delivered yet) and realised I need this 8-Pin cable for the new Radeon 2900 card. :(

Thanks,

Mike

Don't worry about the 8 pin just yet if you have a good PSU already the R600 suck anyway lol.

Back