Corsair 620HX

v6maro

[H]ard|Gawd
What do you guys think of this particular PSU? I've been looking for a nice modular PSU and this one seems to fit all my needs. Does anyone have any expierience with this PSU?

Thanks

One of the most recomended PSU's for peoples builds. Also one of the best all around PSU out there for the money.

I say go for it.

that psu is awesome, it powers my file server with 16hdds, had it for about 8 months, runs like a champ

My HX520 is the best PSU I've ever used. It runs nice and cool and is all but silent and I've got a decent load on it.

awesome PSU. No problems so far after about a month. Powering EVGA 8800 GTS superclocked, E4320, 2Gigs of RAM, brand eludes me at this point. I love it and will be getting one for my brothers build once he decides to build. Either this or the 520 Watt model.
I haven't gotten around to OC' ing yet :D

I have had my HX 620 since January and it's the quietest and strongest PSU i've certainly ever worked with . I give it a perfect 10 rating and would buy again in a nanosecond. It's powering my sig rig and 24/7 at that and I haven't heard a single peep out of it even in the 90+ heat of the past few weeks here in ohio. Simply amazing product.

Strangely enough I just nabbed this off the egg today. I don't have it yet to tell you how it works, but I can tell you I was very confident in my purchase that I was doing the right thing with my money. I've heard nothing but good things about these.

I'm still waiting for one to burst in to flames for no goddamn reason at all, but... no dice yet. Guess it'll be a long wait.

I'm still waiting for one to burst in to flames for no goddamn reason at all, but... no dice yet. Guess it'll be a long wait.

If you want I can probably arrange this in the labs in fremont and post some pics. We have an engineer here who makes rocket fuel. I'm sure he has extra.

On second thought, management probably wouldn't like the visual of me lighting our own parts on fire. If you guys want to send me a competitor's part I'll light it on fire and post pics. :)

I'll tell you this right now, I friggin' love this power supply.

That's all I'm gonna' say.

I ran a QX6700 @ 3.33Ghz, two raptor HDD, two Evga 8800 GTX Superclocked cards, one 18x DvD-ROM and 4 fans off one.

When I ran just one 8800GTX card, I added two Swiftech MCP655 pumps and 2 more fans to the above parts.

This thing is [H]ardy

If you want I can probably arrange this in the labs in fremont and post some pics. We have an engineer here who makes rocket fuel. I'm sure he has extra.

On second thought, management probably wouldn't like the visual of me lighting our own parts on fire. If you guys want to send me a competitor's part I'll light it on fire and post pics. :)

This is the kind of customer service I'll keep coming back for!

:D

Really, it's the effort that counts.

Does anyone know if the 8pin cpu power connector is long enough for a p182 case where the motherboard connection is on the top edge?

Does anyone know if the 8pin cpu power connector is long enough for a p182 case where the motherboard connection is on the top edge?

Yes it is. We specifically measured the length of the cables with the P180 and Lian-Li V1000-series and such in mind.

Sometimes there is a black zip tie near the base of the three permanently attached cables (24-pin, 4-pin, 8-pin) and that can be snipped in order to give you an extra 2-3 inches if you want to go behind the motherboard or something.

Thanx for the reply. It helped to finalize my decision to purchase it especially with the 20 dollar rebate from zipzoomfly.

i've got one for a rig i'm building, just waiting on the mobo and cpu

i wish there was a corsair 800-900w psu out, though, as i hope to run 8800 sli at some point

oh well, i can always upgrade

i wish there was a corsair 800-900w psu out, though, as i hope to run 8800 sli at some point

Corsairs are just rebranded Seasonics. Get a higher end Seasonic if you want more wattage. Or a Silverstone. Or Etasis. Zippy. PC Power and Cooling. Themaltake Toughpower. They're nice, but not magic.

the 620hx can handle 8800gtx sli, it has been proven, it can run quad core, 4gb of ram, and 8800gtx sli without a problem.

Quiet PSU. The only thing I don't like are the cables. They are way too stiff and the MOLEX connectors are upside down. Aside from that, it's a good PSU.

the 620hx can handle 8800gtx sli, it has been proven, it can run quad core, 4gb of ram, and 8800gtx sli without a problem.

That doesn't meant I would ever suggest anyone do this. Ever. If you're going with a quad and SLI you really should be looking at a higher rated PSU, and the price difference between the 620HX and a quality 750 or even 800 watt unit is all of $20-30, hence why I don't recommend them nearly so often as many do, here. Running at 80%+ of your PSU's rated capacity for long periods of time is not a good idea if you want it to last. Anyone who just spend $300+ on a CPU and $1000 + on two GPUs but isn't willing to spend $150-200 on a properly rated quality PSU for that setup should not be building their own PC.

Back