Corsair 600T side panel Pics

Aus10

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
1,870
hello, I just got the glass side panel for the Corsair 600T. I thought I would post some pics so everyone can see here they are...

dsc0031vc.jpg

By aus1095 at 2011-05-03

dsc0027t.jpg

By aus1095 at 2011-05-03

dsc0029zo.jpg

By aus1095 at 2011-05-03

dsc0030yp.jpg

By aus1095 at 2011-05-03

dsc0031vc.jpg

By aus1095 at 2011-05-03
 
Last edited:
The mesh part is extremly cheap not going to lie. With the mesh i havnt really noticed a temp diffrence under a stress test with the glass my highest core was 88c and with the GPU it got up to about 68C. Im sure with some fans on the mesh with really help with cooling.
 
Does the side panel door mesh have the smaller mesh behind it like the front panels? Part of the reason I got a 600T was for the dust traps, heh.
 
Does the side panel door mesh have the smaller mesh behind it like the front panels? Part of the reason I got a 600T was for the dust traps, heh.

Same here lol but no it doesnt its extremly cheap in my opinion I think they rushed it really bad. It doesnt have any dust filters on the mesh part. I was pretty disappointed really..
 
Same here lol but no it doesnt its extremly cheap in my opinion I think they rushed it really bad. It doesnt have any dust filters on the mesh part. I was pretty disappointed really..

Sorry you feel that way. How would you improve it?
 
Sorry you feel that way. How would you improve it?

Im hoping i installed the metal mesh wrong. but there were no screws and it just like slid into the little slots and it was free to move. I would have made a way so you can have that plastic peice that goes around the glass. Make that be able to go around the metal part too and then use screws to screw the metal to that plastic part instead of it just sitting there, It doesnt sit flush on mine. And I would add a air filter too it. One of the best parts about the Corsair 600T was the filtering and the cable mangement. Cable mangement is great but the filter part went out the window with this side panel. Maybe I could upload some pics to point out what I would change? Would that help you understand it better?
 
... It doesnt have any dust filters on the mesh part. I was pretty disappointed really..

In fairness, few cases place dust filters on their side panels and even if they do, it's usually a pain to clean. Antec upgraded the 902 from the filter-less side panel on the 900 and did something similar (gawdy?) upgrading the 183 to the 193, but those tend to be exceptions. Most manufacturers, including Antec, leave it to the user to figure that stuff out. The upside is your side panel, much like the Cooler Master Stacker 830, offers a number of fan mounting points which makes it much easier to get the airflow just where you want it. Tradeoff being, that flexibility also makes it much more difficult to offer a filter. One user might install zero fans while another owner attaches 3.

Edit: the side panel w/o mesh looks great btw. The trim around the edges actually seems to complement the overall shape and style of the case instead of looking cheap/distracting as is usually the case.
 
In fairness, few cases place dust filters on their side panels and even if they do, it's usually a pain to clean. Antec upgraded the 902 from the filter-less side panel on the 900 and did something similar (gawdy?) upgrading the 183 to the 193, but those tend to be exceptions. Most manufacturers, including Antec, leave it to the user to figure that stuff out. The upside is your side panel, much like the Cooler Master Stacker 830, offers a number of fan mounting points which makes it much easier to get the airflow just where you want it. Tradeoff being, that flexibility also makes it much more difficult to offer a filter. One user might install zero fans while another owner attaches 3.

Edit: the side panel w/o mesh looks great btw. The trim around the edges actually seems to complement the overall shape and style of the case instead of looking cheap/distracting as is usually the case.

I do agree with you, The glass part looks great i love it. I kinda wish that the glass was bigger lol. And i was dissapointed with the setup of the metal part not that there wasnt a filter. It doesn't bother me if there isnt a fan filter. Yes there could have been one and they could have kept the dust prevention but me myself i dont care. The cheapness of the installation (no screws and it doesnt sit flush with the metal parts). thats where i felt like it was cheap. Im not bashing Corsair I love them have a lot of there parts. With anyone there are things that we would change. I think with this when your buying it they should offer it to have a air filter or no air filter. so people can decide.
 
I think with this when your buying it they should offer it to have a air filter or no air filter. so people can decide.

Agreed that it would be great if Corsair (and every case manufacturer) could offer a lot of parts options. Problem is, there has to be enough demand for those parts to justify the resources spent on design, manufacturing, and distribution. This is one the reasons modders love Lian Li cases because of the great parts availability that results from so many models using similar components. Downside is the stuff is aluminum which is great for easy cuts, but makes mistakes costly.
 
Agreed that it would be great if Corsair (and every case manufacturer) could offer a lot of parts options. Problem is, there has to be enough demand for those parts to justify the resources spent on design, manufacturing, and distribution. This is one the reasons modders love Lian Li cases because of the great parts availability that results from so many models using similar components. Downside is the stuff is aluminum which is great for easy cuts, but makes mistakes costly.

Yeah that is true i understand that. Does anyone want those pics of the metal parts?
 
I ordered my side panel today, looking forward to getting it.

On a side note, I also had to talk with one of the customer service reps. Amazing customer service. I wish more company's could understand it.
 
I ordered my side panel today, looking forward to getting it.

On a side note, I also had to talk with one of the customer service reps. Amazing customer service. I wish more company's could understand it.

Yeah Corsair is amazing, post on this thread what you think of it. Maybe I just got a bad set or something im not sure. Thanks
 
I never liked the "fatness" of the 600t...

Plenty of people probably agree with you on this, or simply don't have the space for a wider case, but IMO more case manufacturers should increase mid-tower/full-tower width since it allows that extra inch/1.5 inches of space for cabling behind the mobo tray. The ~1.5 inches on 600t might be overkill, but all Corsair cases are at least 9" wide which is big part of why their cable routing is so good and doesn't bulge the panels. Too many other manufacturer's chassis are ~8.5" and below which is fine if you're using a modular PSU or don't stuff your case, but sucks when packing a beefy GPU along with a buncha hdds.
 
Does anyone know if the White 600T is getting a side window too?

I know that stock it comes with the metal mesh part stock. Even if it doesnt you could maybe order the window for the black one and then take the glass out for the white one. Altho im not sure
 
Plenty of people probably agree with you on this, or simply don't have the space for a wider case, but IMO more case manufacturers should increase mid-tower/full-tower width since it allows that extra inch/1.5 inches of space for cabling behind the mobo tray. The ~1.5 inches on 600t might be overkill, but all Corsair cases are at least 9" wide which is big part of why their cable routing is so good and doesn't bulge the panels. Too many other manufacturer's chassis are ~8.5" and below which is fine if you're using a modular PSU or don't stuff your case, but sucks when packing a beefy GPU along with a buncha hdds.

I agree i love the thickness it made it hard to find a spot but its so worth being able to close the side panel lol
 
Plenty of people probably agree with you on this, or simply don't have the space for a wider case, but IMO more case manufacturers should increase mid-tower/full-tower width since it allows that extra inch/1.5 inches of space for cabling behind the mobo tray. The ~1.5 inches on 600t might be overkill, but all Corsair cases are at least 9" wide which is big part of why their cable routing is so good and doesn't bulge the panels. Too many other manufacturer's chassis are ~8.5" and below which is fine if you're using a modular PSU or don't stuff your case, but sucks when packing a beefy GPU along with a buncha hdds.

With the corsair 600T i became picke with the way it looks and i have a modular psu but i just love being able to hide all of them. It is awsome really. It looks clean air can flow freely. And i was watching the linustechtips on youtube and he even said that itis nice being able to close the side panel unlike other companys that you cant close the panel with all the cables. That extra width is what allows that.
 
Hey everyone i was wrong i didnt bend the metal prongs back so it stays flush. That should help a lot. Although i still feel like there should be screws tho because then you can switch back in fourth depending on what the person wants to do. plus i think it would look better with that black part that goes around the window but its still good. Glad i got the side panel.
 
Any fans on your side panel? I'm guessing that would make a huge difference. I noticed my temps go up when moving from my Antec 300 to the 600T. Air flow in the Antec 300 is killer, but in the 600T not so much. I'm debating installing two 120mm on the top to see if that helps until I put in the XSPC RS240. And I'm going to take a closer look, because with a little modding I think I could fit in a 360 on the top. And I do so love to mod. :D
 
I plan two add 2 fans on the bottom part of the screen. How are you are going to mod it? I started a thread in liquid cooling asking about it but im not sure cuz of the cd drive bays would be in the way? I dont want to cut all that up but if i could add a 360 i would in plan on the xspc rasa rs240 but would like 360. The airflow in the 600T isnt that great honestly lol
 
I'm not sure how I'd mod it just yet. I'd need to have a 360 rad in my possession to get a better feel for how much room I'd actually need. It would definitely consume at least one 5.25" at the top.

Do you have pictures of the back side of the panel w/ the window in it? I'm curious to see how the window is mounted. I might get this kit and replace the window with some heavy (2.3mm) steel I have lying around. I think it would look good with the rubber gromet from the window, and maybe better and more sturdy than the mesh they include. You said it felt cheap, right? Even after you folded the tabs down to secure it?
 
I like the side panel and the dust proof mesh isn't a concern. IDk when my ATCS 840 will be retired though :)
 
I never folded the tabs down to secure it, im still using the window panel now untill order my fans, when i get home i will take more pics for you, i wish you could add that ring that goes around the window to the mesh
 
That'd be awesome, thanks. I think it will look pretty good. It's round hole mesh and I'll paint it flat black/gray. I'll cut it to the same contour as the window, but swap the window for my panel. I could also just cut my stock panel. We shall see. I'll have to see if it's worth while to spend the $30+ for the new side panel or not. :)
 
Oof, I think I'll be modding my panel for that. I like $0.00 much better. :D
 
Oof, I think I'll be modding my panel for that. I like $0.00 much better. :D

lol Ok, I just got home ill try to take pics but i dont have my Nikon D40 my step dad is using it so im stuck with my crappy camara so sorry ahead of time lol
 
Yes, it sure does. Thank you! Does the mesh come with and without the looming hand? ;) Looks nicely made actually. Perhaps well worth the $40. :)
 
Yes, it does come without the looming hand, if you want it it cost i think another $15 altho you will have to ask corsair ;) I think it was worth it i just personally dont like the look of the metal on the outside i think the border from the window would have been a nice touch :) but just my opinion
 
Agreed. I may buy this and swap the plexiglass for my mesh. Then I'll have that border we both seem to like. That would look sick. :D Or don't they make the rubber grommet stuff? Maybe Frozen CPU or Performance PCs will have it... Hmmm....

Edit: like this:
mol-02_2.jpg
 
Yeah, btw sorry for the hand i was just holding in place but adding that border would be cool let me know what you figure out when you do :) i think ill just put a 240 on top a see my temps i dont want to have to cut that case a ton it would be my luck i screw it up lol
 
Last edited:
Back
Top