CORSAIR 1GB matched TWINX1024-3200LLPT $129 shipped

tommo

Gawd
Corsair TWINX1024-3200LLPT $129 shipped.

Low latency series ram. Dual channel matched pair.

Some details:
"# Benchmarked using both Nforce2 and Intel "Granite Bay" chip sets
# Plug-n-FragTM Auto-Configuration
Boots automatically using low latency values
# Tested at ultra-low latency settings (2-3-2-6), command rate of 1T"

http://www.bestbargainpc.com/cotw1gbddxml1.html

Looks like a good deal.. I really can't find anywhere that can match it. I sense the demand for 1gb kits isn't high anymore though.

Those Corsair are fine at stock speeds but don't overclock well at all - I should know as I used to always run Corsair XMS until recently. I just switched to these Patriot Ram @ Newegg that run at 2-3-2-5 1T timings for $135 shipped and am very happy so far.

Most seem to be getting Infineon chips on these particular ones. The higher priced Patriot @ $222 have the Samsung TCCD chips and run at 2-2-2-5 1T. One of the reviewers on Newegg stated that the more expensive set of Patriot ran these speeds:
PC3200 (400MHz) 2-2-2-5-1T 2.6-2.7v
PC3500 (436MHz) 2-3-3-6-1T 2.6-2.7v
PC3700 (466MHz) 2-3-3-6-1T 2.7-2.8v
PC4000 (500MHz) 2.5-3-3-7-1T 2.75-2.85v
PC4200 (533MHz) 3-4-4-8-1T 2.85-2.95v

Firstly, HOLY CRAP SCARY RESELLER RATINGS

I've been looking for a good deal on a 2x512 set for a while now (something that runs in the 230s or so at vdimm below the 2.85 max on my Neo2), and it just seems that unless you've got a setup that can pump some major voltage into your memory there aren't any great deals to be found on good high performance stuff.

Roberty: take that Newegg review with a grain of salt, since TCCD usually craps out with voltage over 2.85. The XBLK Patriot is indeed TCCD on Brainpower PCB, so it should perform pretty darn well at stock voltage if you're willing to hand over the cash.

If you're wondering what sets use what chips, be sure to check this thread here.

No word on what the LLK Patriots use, but I've been wary of ordering them due to reports of scary-bad customer service from PDP if anything goes wrong.

The only deals that have tempted me so far are these:

Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 at Newegg for $133

Kingston HyperX at Outpost for $99 (after $20 rebate expiring today)

Mushkin Blue at Outpost for $119

I haven't ordered since they're all kind of a crapshoot. I picked those particular Corsairs since people order the black ones less so there's a better chance of getting an earlier revision number than with the Platinum series (rev 4.1 guaranteed to be TCCD, some 4.2s, but not anything later). The HyperX sticks were also TCCD at one point, but are now reported to be voltage-happy CH-5. The Mushkins are now showing up as UTTs with Brainpower PCB, which are great but still iffy on overclocking without extra voltage.

I guess I may just wait until I'm brave enough to buy some cheap TwinMos sticks with an OCZ booster. :(

im sad. I bought 2 X 512MB of these very same sticks in Jan 04, for $300
It was the best I could find at the time. They still run awesome though
2-3-2-6 @ 225mhz

Please read my review on RR about these F*CKERS! It is number 3 or 4 on the page.

I start off with:
I WOULD KILL MYSELF BEFORE ORDERING HERE AGAIN.

I hope that is enough to deter you from purchasing there. I'm still out $65 for a 1GB SD card :( Basically if you're lucky you'll have no problem if you need to contact customer service .. excuse me .. customer disservice, you will get busy signals, voice mails, unanswered emails, and phones that just ring all day and night.

so which of these rams is the best to get? i guess ill sell my value ram and stick one of these kits in. just have to figure out which one?

vbrtrmn said:
Please read my review on RR about these F*CKERS! It is number 3 or 4 on the page.

I start off with:
I WOULD KILL MYSELF BEFORE ORDERING HERE AGAIN.

That was your review? Yikes. Sounds like yet another nasty fly-by-night scam store.

Hopefully you contested the charge on your credit card, but otherwise if you still want to dole out damage you could always try to contact the Yahoo small business people since that site is a Yahoo merchant.

Yahoo Small Business merchant page

Looks like you could also call Yahoo at 1-866-781-9246 and see if you can get connected to someone you could directly file a complaint with. I'm pretty sure they don't want a scam artist under their banner, so you could potentially shut them down through Yahoo.

Also, since you have the home address of the URL's owner, you could potentially contact the local police (or the state Attorney General's office) there and make things ugly for her.

I HATE scam vendors. Make 'em pay.

chronic9 said:
so which of these rams is the best to get? i guess ill sell my value ram and stick one of these kits in. just have to figure out which one?

That depends on what your setup and budget are.
I'm using a MSI Neo2 Platinum that won't supply more than 2.85 vdimm, so TCCD or Ballistix should be what I need for OCing, but I'm a cheap bastard. I may just end up buying the Mushkin Blue now and wait until there's a hot deal on a OCZ booster.

i have abit fata1ty an8. dont know wat the voltage is, but iam not gonna OC most likely. so it doesnt matter

Craptacular said:
That depends on what your setup and budget are.
I'm using a MSI Neo2 Platinum that won't supply more than 2.85 vdimm, so TCCD or Ballistix should be what I need for OCing, but I'm a cheap bastard. I may just end up buying the Mushkin Blue now and wait until there's a hot deal on a OCZ booster.

After reading bestbargainspc's customer feedback. I would recommend looking at another seller, unless you feel lucky.

spyderz said:
After reading bestbargainspc's customer feedback. I would recommend looking at another seller, unless you feel lucky.

Well I've seen worse, but a 3.57 in customer service is generally speaking a very strong turn-off.

Besides which, you can do better than this memory without too much looking.

I'm now considering the G.Skill F1-3200PHU2-1GBZX set. For around $100 it'll do 240fsb @ 2.5-3-3-6 with low voltage. Not a freakish performer, but good enough to finally unleash my A64 with a divider.

Back