Correct settings to use? R9 290 CFX experience is always choppy

Neon01

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm running AB Beta 17 and a 1125/1400 overclock (water cooled). Catalyst 13.11 Beta 9.5. ULPS disabled. CCC 3d rendering settings at default.

I realized pretty quickly that I needed to disable V-sync in game on everything to avoid huge stutter issues (that even crept into audio), but it's STILL not smooth. I loaded up Metro 2033 and ran on highest settings (though AAA instead of MSAA). I was getting frame rates between 60-80 for the most part in game (MSAA was substantially lower), but it just never felt smooth. Is this just the lack of v-sync?

Similar experience in Crysis 2 Max Ed, and the rendered cut scenes in that were running at ~35-40 fps (what's with that?).

Do I need to enable a particular setting in CCC? Tips?

Wish I had the answers. I'm going to keep an eye on this thread because I have a lot of the same questions.

Im pretty sure this is because of a driver bug forcing your 2nd pcie16 slot into x1 mode. They fixed it in 13.12 but my problem is that for some weird reason crossfire option isnt showing up now. I hate these drivers. Missing green team so hard right now.

Back