• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Correct CPU speed

SiliconValley

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
226
I'm running a pentium 4 530 (3.0Ghz) @ 235*15. CPU-Z is reporting my frequency at 3533Mhz and a 942Mhz FSB. Windows, however, is reporting my processor running at 2.58Ghz (right-clicking my computer and looking at CPU). I was just wondering which is correct? I'm pretty sure it's running at 3.5Ghz but I wanted to make sure and see if anyone knows what is causing this problem. Also, when I clock it at 227*15 (3.4Ghz) it correctly reports it at 3.4Ghz. Any thoughts?

Also, can anyone recommend a good program for monitoring CPU temp? I'm running an ECS PF88 extreme mainboard and I couldn't find any programs specifically for this board. Thanks!
 
I'd trust CPU-Z over the windows one. It is weird that it correctly reports it at the other speed. Probably some kind of multi / divider issue of some kind I would think.

As for monitoring software check out MBM5 (motherboard monitor 5) @ http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
 
Back
Top