Corporate AV Solution

CeD

Limp Gawd
Hi All:

At the moment, I have Symantec AV CE 7.x deployed. My initial plan was to upgrade all clients as soon as Symantec AV CE 10 releases (due in a couple months).

Would you guys recommend taking that route, or switching out of Symantec to something entirely different? I definately need something that supports client/server with a remote management console.

Please let me know what you think -- thanks!

I have never had any problem with Symantec AV Corp Edition. It's always worked well for me.

We run Symantec Corp and have done so for about 3 years. So far no problems. Plus, if you already have the management console deployed you can just push the new ver.

I'm not a fan of anything Symantec, but thats just me.

We use Trend Micro OfficeScan 6.5. About 5 pattern updates per day (on average), spyware detection/removal, Damage Cleanup Services which removes *all* files and regkeys dropped by a virus/worm not just the actual infected file, personal firewall and intrusion detection system, outbreak prevention, excellent central console. Couldn't really ask for more. In all fairness though, there are better corporate mail filtering solutions than what Trend offers. But as far as desktop, laptop, and server protection go it's a tough suite to beat.

FYI SAVEE is coming out in March 05.

If you are used to running the NAVCE console from 7.x, i would highly recommend checking out 9.x for improvements. They've made some improvements over the years and i look forward to see their next major version. 10.x is promised to have anti-spyware removal capabilities, which may or may not keep me from buying anti-spyware software separately.

I'm a fan of AVG where I work, since we're a smaller business. I've had it on all of the desktops for a little over a year now and it's caught more than its fair share of nasties. It's pretty bare-bones (not as many features as the other program noted above), but thats fine for us.

I also recently moved the entire network to a domain-based layout with Exchange 2003. They make a mail scanner (proxy) that is very good at managing attachments and the like. It takes a bit of getting used to (the manuals are translated), but I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Another vote for Symantec Corp. Another benefit is client installs via web. makes life easy.

and if you're laszy, you can trust that its doing its job without checking it very often.

Back