Corel PaintShop Pro X says "damaged or illegally modified." Want to run from USB.

Nazo

2[H]4U
Ok, I'll be honest. I'm not trying to run it normally. It runs great on my main PC where I installed it normally. I installed PSPX (X = 10.0 btw) onto a flash drive and I made a registry backup of the entire Corel key and everything inside it. I have a batch file which loads the settings into the registry, runs PSPX, then, when it exits completely, removes said registry settings. On my main PC, this actually worked when I tried it, so I assumed it was ok. But, when I took my flash drive and tried to use PSP in class it gave me the error message "This copy of Paint Shop Pro has been damaged or illegally modified." and told me to reinstall. Thing is, I've actually seen this message before after one install to my main PC, and had to reinstall it twice to get it to work. From googling around, I noticed that Corel Painter has had this issue for a few people in the past, so I'm guessing some validation thing of theirs is just too darned picky. Those people never got a solution even via tech support, but, I'm hoping someone here who has been working with PSP a while might have looked more into just what changes Corel made when they switched it over to being officially there's and no longer Jasc's with version 10 (excuse me, version 'X'.) Are there any ideas as to how I can get it working on the USB drive? Er, preferably a legal way that is.

PS. There's no worry about commercial files being left on those systems. The harddrives are restored to a default state on reboot -- which is done automatically every day -- and I like to manually reboot when I worry about leaving private information or something on there. I don't think anything other than cache files end up on the hd at all though.

EDIT: Just noticed they have actually released two patches already (geez, seems like PSP10 has been out a month at the most, or so it feels like to me.) They won't let me install them here, so I'll have to wait until I get home, but, I saw no mention of fixes for the protection scheme in the changes for either. Oh, and I might add that I have done this before, but, to be honest, this was LONG before Corel aquired Jasc. I had version 7 on there up until recently, but, I found I could squeeze X on there, and I really wanted some of the features available only in newer versions. I still have my copy of 9 buried somewhere and may have to try it instead, but, I was really hoping I could use the very latest (especially in light of how much they talk about it loading faster and etc, considering I'm running from a not so fast flash drive...)

I have various solutions for this common problem!!!

The solutions is:

1. have only 1 version of corel paintshop pro
2. Patch it with a NoPE crack only for PaintShop Pro X2
3. open a text editor and past this:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corel\Paint Shop Pro\12\CorelReg\PR12]
"RegistrationSubmitted"=dword:00000001

save with a name: remove.reg
and then double click on the that file

and this is the ultimate solution:
go to: C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2\Corel_01
and then double click on any file with the extension .PspScript
for example: BrushTip_Corel_01_001.PspScript

My view about this:
you buy a legal copy from corel and then you have this ridiculous problem! you ask help an suport on corel's site but corel cant help you!
you need to patch it with a iligal crack to work!!!!:mad:
so... you need crack a Original and Legal software to work properly!!!:confused:
i know this is hilarious!!!!:p

Please Corel review your software one more time before sell it!!!
or you have to pay to this guys "Crackers" for fix you problems!!!:eek:

Back