Intel DQ965GF
Core2duo E6300
1024MB Memory (2x Corsair VS512MB667D2)
WD WD800JD-00MSA1 80GB hard drive
Windows 2000 Pro w/ SP4 fully patched
Office 2003 Pro fully patched
ACT 2007
In House MS Access app

I haven't seen it happen, but maybe once a day the computer will stop responding. Ctrl+alt+del won't work. No programs will open. She has to do a hard reboot. It's a fresh install (just last Thursday) that was completely clean. As I was building it I saw no hiccups at all. It seemed like a perfectly running system.

I ran the drivers that were on the CD, but I'm going to go check driver versions right now.

If anyone has any ideas it would be a big help. I'll get back to you shortly with the drivers situation.

Thanks,

Greg

my first guess would be overheating also - if it were my system i'd boot into bios and check temps, then i'd go into windows and do one of those torture tests while monitoring temps (and I'd do a ram test like memtest86 just for kicks)

if it is overheating as you run the torture test and you see temps rise it will lock (obviously)

if that wasn't it then I'd look into software

good to see someone running windows 2000, I'm thinking of playing around with that free server 2008 beta from msft on my w2k box....i was going to try and go with server 2003 but 2008 is a larger number

Back