Core i7 Showing

Shotglass01

[H]ard|Gawd
Can't tell you all which supplier we use (some of you might recognize it). But, this showed up in the search results. Of course, this could all be wrong. I just thought I'd share what I saw.

index.html

DDR3 is a bit too pricey and I will wait until it gets cheaper before making the i7 plunge.
It is wise to wait until after a few bios revisions before acquiring a motherboard based on a new chipset.
Anyway, my X3350 is also still a very capable CPU so no stress for me!

Well, bear in mind these are more like guidelines. From the long history I have had with them, they're about 70% to 80% accurate in pre-release prices. But, demand could drive it up. The 8400's did so. Took a few weeks to get prices back down to where they should be.

At $311 [the 920 would] be $15 less than I expected.
Now if boards drop at $250 (budgeting the same 325) I could get the SLI PSU and not the one GPU PSU...

Anybody else surprised they went with 9xx instead of 8xx? Using 8 they could move to odd numbers for westmere, what are they going to do using 9xx already?
i7 9xx for westmere, i8 8xx for sandy bridge, i8 9xx for ivy bridge, etc would make sense to me...

Well, bear in mind these are more like guidelines. From the long history I have had with them, they're about 70% to 80% accurate in pre-release prices. But, demand could drive it up. The 8400's did so. Took a few weeks to get prices back down to where they should be.

That's not a big deal to me; I wasn't planning to buy anything until late January/early February, so there's some time for the price to go back down to where it should be. :)

Alan Wake will take advantage of quad core processors. I imagine he has a single or dual core and he wants to upgrade to a quad core for this game.

if thats from a supplier..whats gonna be the markup for the retail price? and wow double the price for 270mhz.

One of them shows an ETA of 11/08. How accurate that is is unknown, but gives me a little warm fuzzy. I'm looking to do a Christmas build and this may be the ticket.

i'm looking at major upgrade/rebuild after christmas. Least with these coming out, the quads and what not should get cheaper. now if video cards would get cheaper.

One of them shows an ETA of 11/08. How accurate that is is unknown, but gives me a little warm fuzzy. I'm looking to do a Christmas build and this may be the ticket.
News/rumor has recently said intel is already shipping i7 stock to distributors. So Nov 17th is supposed to be a hard launch. I wouldn't count on availability on 8th. Time will tell.

many other posts state that if you game, an i7 isnt that much more worth it than a current core2 cpu..
does this mean that the core2 cpu is FASTER for gaming or does this mean that if you currently have an e8400 with an 4870x2, you won't notice a gain in fps or performance if you make it an i7 with an 4870x2 ?

if thats from a supplier..whats gonna be the markup for the retail price? and wow double the price for 270mhz.

Actually, this is where we buy our hardware. We're not a reseller so I think it is close. Last night, I did a Froogle on "Core i7 920" and came up with similar pricing from other vendors too. Looks like it's beginning to show up, a little, in the channel.

many other posts state that if you game, an i7 isnt that much more worth it than a current core2 cpu..
does this mean that the core2 cpu is FASTER for gaming or does this mean that if you currently have an e8400 with an 4870x2, you won't notice a gain in fps or performance if you make it an i7 with an 4870x2 ?
Correct, most games you will not see a gain. Certainly noone expects a decrease in performance.

Some games might see a minor increase, but a majority is still GPU limited.

In one of the forums I go to in Australia someone there said his supplier already has the 920's in stock right now. They just won't have the motherboards for 2-3 weeks ;).

Correct, most games you will not see a gain. Certainly noone expects a decrease in performance.

Some games might see a minor increase, but a majority is still GPU limited.

wait till alan wake comes out. your gunna wish u had some form of a quad core;)

Back