There's no question how powerful and how power-efficient the i7 is under load. However what seems like a fairly high idle draw in most reviews I've seen keeps me from jumping in. Has anyone looked into options for reducing power draw on the i7 when idle?
I noticed from wikipedia,
"Sophisticated power management can place an unused core in a zero-power mode."
Does this sort of feature even work in an OS like Vista which might have all sorts of low load processes that jump from processor to processor? Does W7 offer anything up to get power utilization down for these multi-core monsters?
I noticed from wikipedia,
"Sophisticated power management can place an unused core in a zero-power mode."
Does this sort of feature even work in an OS like Vista which might have all sorts of low load processes that jump from processor to processor? Does W7 offer anything up to get power utilization down for these multi-core monsters?