So i'm in an interesting position, i have the option of trading my core i7 970 for a Xeon X5670, even exchange.
I'm building a new rig and my goal is to overclock and end up with the best performance i can for both gaming and folding.
I've compared both CPU's (here: http://ark.intel.com/compare/47933,47920) and i don't really see any reason not to go with the Xeon. Does anyone have anything that would suggest the Xeon would be a bad choice?
My motherboard is an EVGA x58 Classified3 and i have confirmed that it does support both CPU's so i'd be safe in either direction as far as that's concerned.
I'm building a new rig and my goal is to overclock and end up with the best performance i can for both gaming and folding.
I've compared both CPU's (here: http://ark.intel.com/compare/47933,47920) and i don't really see any reason not to go with the Xeon. Does anyone have anything that would suggest the Xeon would be a bad choice?
My motherboard is an EVGA x58 Classified3 and i have confirmed that it does support both CPU's so i'd be safe in either direction as far as that's concerned.