• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Core i7 930 - Q1 2010

rflcptr

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 27, 2008
Messages
7,063
Last edited:
I think the 2.88 GHz number is a misprint. It is much more likely that this will have a default multiplier of 21 and with a default BCLK of 133.33 MHz, this CPU will be rated at 2.80 GHz. It should also have 1 and 2 steps of turbo boost similar to the present i7-920 so most users will be using the 22X multi full time.
 
but the overclockability is somewhat different, depending on how good C0 920 you got.
 
but the overclockability is somewhat different, depending on how good C0 920 you got.

It's not guaranteed for all D0s, though. Granted, from what I've seen on the majority of forums, they run at the same temperatures but at lower voltages and overclock about the same as the C0s.
 
How much is it going to cost? It's not going to be like the 920 compared to the 940/950 is it? (idk if it's in the links...they are blocked for "Games").

Not going to buy one cause i'm happy with mine...The last of the 920's! *sniff* :(
 
What's the reasoning behind going from C0 to D0? The performance is so similar that there's really no reason to...

My c0 wont go past 3.7 stable.. id like to get a d0 @ 4.0 or 4.2 and if I can do it for almost the same price its not an issue but I guess ill just wait.
 
I still don't see the killer app that would force me to upgrade my hardware...
 
My c0 wont go past 3.7 stable.. id like to get a d0 @ 4.0 or 4.2 and if I can do it for almost the same price its not an issue but I guess ill just wait.

That sucks, but it also depends on the CPU. No overclock is guaranteed. I was lucky to be able to get 4.0 GHz stable with my C0.
 
they run at the same temperatures but at lower voltages and overclock about the same as the C0s.

exactly my point; it has been the general consensus that they overclock better than C0 stepping on lower voltage.
 
Back
Top