• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Core i7 920 Voltage Question

Blackstone

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
4,098
I have a Core i7 920 but I never bothered to learn about overclocking it. I know how to overclock, I just never studied up on the values for this particular CPU.

I have a Thermalright Venemous CPU Cooler. It is a beast of a cooler. My question is, as a starting point, what voltage and what clock speed should I start at? What is the maximum voltage of this CPU?
 
Maximum voltage is whatever keeps your processor under ~100 C, although I would personally keep it under 90 C.

I would go for 3.4 or 3.5 ghz as a good starting point. If you have a D0, you can probably get it to ~4 ghz. If you have a C0/C1, you'll probably max out around 3.6-3.8 ghz. Increase the PLL voltage to 1.88, and the QPI to 1.3. Play around with the Vcore until you get it stable.
 
Ive had mine at 3.72Ghz on stock voltage using a Corsair H50 and temps dont go higher than 48c.
 
Back
Top