• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Core i7 920 temps, false reading?

Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
21
I'm getting about 37-40*C idle on Realtemp. When I first build my rig I sent it back to newegg for another, only to get the same temps. My motherboard LED readout (EVGA X58 SLI) is telling me 24-26, so I'm assuming it is more correct than Realtemp? I'm ready to overclock and don't want to go too crazy and run into trouble.
 
Last edited:
On my EVGA 3SLI I find that the LCD readout is always 10C to 15C lower than the thermal diode temp.

So right now when the LCD reads 45C to 47C I am seeing thermal diode temps of 67 to 69C at 8 thread full load for hours with my i7 920 overclocked to 3.0GHz and using a CM Hyper 212+. In a room that is warm 80 to 90F (26C to 32C)

The thermal diode is much more accurate than the external sensor so I believe that.
 
Last edited:
Yeah I had a thought it was that as well, just didn't realize it displayed the CPU temp when it was up and running. I don't have a neat windowed case lol.
 
I do not right now, just do not have the side on my case because after 3+ months I am not finished building..
 
I'm in the same boat just about... I bought a 775 setup 2 months ago wasn't happy and then finally got the i7 setup and now I wanna WC the cpu get a new PSU and try to upgrade to 460's in a reasonable time frame.
 
Back
Top