Core i5 DDR3 1333 won't post with XMP Enabled

I've got a question for you guys. I've built three systems with the same motherboard and memory. The only thing that has changed between the builds is the processor. The first two were Core i7 (1156) systems while the second is a Core i5 750. From what I've read, the Core i5 supports memory speeds rated up to 1333 (non-overclocked) while the Core i7 allows for memory speeds up to 1600. My memory is 1333, but apparently runs 1066 stock. On the Core i7 machines I simply enabled XMP and the memory worked as advertised. On the Core i5 however doing this causes the machine to not post. I know that I can set my timings manually, which is what I'll do especially since I've learned that by turning on XMP it can disable CPU features such as Turbo Boost. My question is, why won't the Core i5 boot with XMP on when it only brings the speeds up to spec 1333?

Does the ram you bought have XMP settings programmed into them ? as not all ram have XMP settings and if it hasnt, turning on XMP in the mobo for ram that hasnt can cause problems.

Back