• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Core i5-760 & DDR3 1600

brachy33

Gawd
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
567
Thought I did my research before I made a new system purchase, but I read recently that the Core i5 CPU's don't work with DDR3 1600. Is this the case?? I'm awaiting delivery of the following 3 new components...

Core i5-760
Asus Sabertooth 55i
G.Skill DDR3 1600 2 x 2GB (F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ)

I am planning on OC'ing this CPU and I'm hoping I don't have to buy DDR3 1333 memory. Thanks for the help!
 
Cool. I thought it seemed a little odd but wanted to be sure. Thanks for the input!
 
To get it to run at 1600 you have to overclock, but it should have no issues. I'm running 8gb with 4x2gb sticks at 1600MHz no worries on my i5 750.
 
760 + 1600 DDR3 ram here. No issues whatsoever. Dont know why they would mention that. Maybe its a mobo/chipset limitation. My mobo supports 800/1066/1333/2200 ram (no 1600) but works fine anyway. It defaults to 1333, but you can just bump it to 1600 manually.
 
Back
Top