Core-i3 without 4-pin CPU connector?

AirCool

Limp Gawd
Are there Core-i3 mini-ITX motherboards that do not need the 4-pin CPU power connector?

Intel DH61AG, but then, it's got onboard PSU w/ 65w max, so might not help ya!

What exactly are you trying to do? Any reason you can't just use an adaptor?

My P/S has 3 outputs, (20+4) and 2 SATA. I want to see what is the best ITX M/B I can use with it, besides the Zacate.

For my Mini ITX build with a Pico PSU I cut the 4 pin connector off of an old power supply and adapted the 4-pin molex to 4-pin CPU connector.

It works fine.

My P/S doesn't even have a 4-pin molex. I will have to surgically add another connector. I would not do it when there is Zacate that fits the bill.

You could always use a sata to molex adaptor and then a molex to P4 connector adaptor. No need for surgical alterations.

But I do need my 2 SATAs. So it is going to be like 3 adapters (SATA spliter, SATA to MOLEX, MOLEX to 4pin CPU). Not only the cost will add up but it will add significant mess to my build compare to a nice clean APU board.

What i'd probablly do in that case is buy a molex to P4 adaptor and a sata splitter cable and then splice the two together to make a SATA to SATA+P4 adaptor. That way you avoid the need to butcher the PSU while only having one adaptors worth of wiring mess.

But ultimately it's up to you what is most important.

What PSU are you using?

My Pico PSU came with the P4 connector as well as headers and cables for) three cable connections: one P4 and two for molex/SATA connections.

Come to think of it. The 4-pin of 20+4 ATX Power Adapter has +12V. Shouldn't there be an adapter that can turn it into the 4-pin CPU? There are many motherboards that can take just a 20 pin ATX power. It would be great if I can use the spare 4 pin for the CPU.

Back