Core Guard antivirus, is this a trojan?

poskey

n00b
Daughters pc started getting multiple popups saying she was infected with trojans and viruses. Program reporting this info is Core Guard antivirus and we have no idea where if came from. They want you to sign up to their service so we dan get rid of these trojans and viruses.
I reformatted hard drive and reinstalled windows xp.
It's back again. She shares a wireless router connection with her sister to get on the internet. Other daughter has been complaining about this same Core Guard for awhile but she doesn't want me to reinstall windows. Could she be getting infected through her sisters computer?
I'm leary to even do a search for this Core Guard antivirus. Anybody know what this is and how I can stop this? Thanks so much, Poskey

I actually just saw that one yesterday for the first time. I was able to remove it with SuperAntiSpyware & Malwarebytes.

Check out my guide for removal instructions. :D
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I actually just saw that one yesterday for the first time. I was able to remove it with SuperAntiSpyware & Malwarebytes.

Check out my guide for removal instructions. :D
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Yeah it popped up on one I had in the shop last week. Malwarebytes seemed to take care of it.

Back