Core 2 system

ritch1

Weaksauce
Hi

I currently have a pentium 4 3.60Ghz system, I am thinking of using this as a DAW for music applications and processing, i am going to get myself a second PC for games etc.

I have in mind the Core 2 DUO E6700 for a games PC (already have a radion x1900 to go with it) . I been reading some stuff but still need to do more research, this is about as high as id like to go price range, seems the x6800 is miles more expensive!

Out of interest id like to know if there would be much in the way of performance gain going from the pentium 4 3.6 to the DUO. I understand there wont be a lot in games as thats mainly dependent on graphics card but was wondering about other things such as multitasking?

thanks for any info

Ritch

thanks for that. articles where interesting, shame there doesnt seem to be any gameplay differences with these new processors

ritch1 said:
thanks for that. articles where interesting, shame there doesnt seem to be any gameplay differences with these new processors
well, it depends on the game, the graphics card and the settings. If you are playing an old game at 640*480 you are likely going to see a difference. Then again, does it matter whether you are getting 500 or 800 fps?

and you are welcome.

ps.: If you are doing a LOT of processing with your rig and your software takes advantage of multiple cores, you may want to consider the "new shiny quad core" that intel has released (is releasing): QX6700 though it is quite expensive atm.

Back